KiteLife Forum

Good single line days?

Dave362

Anybody have stories about good days flying your single line kites?

I have a simple one from today. I was cleaning the basement and found a 7 ft DC my wife and I bought years ago when I was in Grad school. I dusted it off and larks headed some line to the bridle and asked my wife to come to the window and watch. I took it out in the yard and got it up about 10 feet in the light breeze. She aplauded and I laughed out loud with joy. I don't know what it is, but the sight of a single line sail filling with air just inspires delight. So i folded the kite up and placed it in my bag for an upcoming beach trip. The DC rides again!

So how about you? Any flight reports or stories you'd like to share?

• Like 3

Down at Rogallo I was just getting started in kiting and had just purchased my Bora 7. I had it up in a carefully chosen spot among(below) the big foils and deltas. I was free to look around at the Rev demos, lessons on the Quantum, speed foils off the back of the dune, and my SLK was there just gently tugging my arm the whole time.

• Like 1

Good SLK day ?

A few weeks ago, on Father's Day, my family took me to the beach and 'made' me fly some kites.

IMG_8295.jpg

I got a few up in the air...

IMG_8324.jpg

The Double DC with long tails was a hit with everyone at the normally quiet beach...

IMG_8257.jpg

My kids got me a nice spinsock for Father's Day to hang off of the line of Nick's Ultrafoil...

IMG_8271.jpg

The KL Ghost Delta was playing up by the moon...

IMG_8282.jpg

Another shot of the Double DC as the clouds rolled in...

I was a great day, I got to sit in my beach chair next to the cooler with ice cold beers, watch the kids play on the beach, while watching the kites play in the wind above the beach !

FathersDay.jpg

• Like 5

I was a great day, I got to sit in my beach chair next to the cooler with ice cold beers, watch the kids play on the beach, while watching the kites play in the wind above the beach !

FathersDay.jpg

Now THAT sounds like a perfect day!

• Like 1

My last post on my blog described my latest flying day for my Xelon series of single line kites. I've been trying for quite a few months to get all four flying at once. I really liked the display they made.

Here's the link to that post.

http://carolinabeachkiter.com/2015/06/23/im-melting-melting/

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Recently I had 5 SLKs up, 4 pegged out and one "in hand".  A lady walked over to me and asked, "How do you keep all those kites up?"  I pointed out that 4 of them were attached to pegs.  "Oh," she said, "I thought you had four friends but I couldn't see them."

• Like 1

A snatched hour today on a new flying site.  Almost no wind, but I got the 11 ft delta up and nursed it ups a bit, down a bit, up a bit more, almost down, caught a breeze, the wind dropped... really challenging and rewarding.