KiteLife Forum

She's Hooked!

Nick Russell

I got a reply from Prism yesterday saying they would send out a replacement spine. In the meantime, we are in Newport, Oregon so I went to the local kite shop and bought one. So I'll have a replacement when the other one arrives.

How long are you going to be in Newport? I may fly South Beach tomorrow (Sat) if the winds are ok.

If you want to fly a rev with me, just let me know.

Terry

From the South Beach Parking lot there is a path over the dune right beside the restrooms. I usually end up a few hundred yards North of that, sometimes South ..but depends where beach goers are not. I am sure if one of us gets in the air it will be easy to find each other. I have never seen another rev on that beach. (if there is we got a line!)

Normally Sandy flies with me, but I will be solo tomorrow. I would guess I will be there from noonish until late afternoon or early evening ..depending on the wind and the old body energy level. I have to leave enough juice in the tank to make the 90 min drive home.

If you can't make it don't worry about it, I will be going regardless.

Cya tomorrow!

T

Good question, it is a state park about a mile or so south of the big bridge. Just get go south over the bridge, go about a mile and the entrance is on your right.(coast side) Just follow the main road to the last parking lot It is a big lot. maybe 100 slots. It is south beach state park. You will see the bathrooms and from the bathrooms there are a couple of trails over the dune.., does not matter which trail.

Neither. I have a standard SLE and a SuperSonic I won here and have never had in the air, and my wife has an EXP. We're newbies and very inexperienced.

Hey Nick,

The difference between a standard sail and a vented one is about 30 minutes with a hot poker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Neither. I have a standard SLE and a SuperSonic I won here and have never had in the air, and my wife has an EXP. We're newbies and very inexperienced.

Hey Nick,

The difference between a standard sail and a vented one is about 30 minutes with a hot poker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you smoke cigarettes or cigars, that'll get the job done too.

I will bring Sandy's bag also. If we get some wind you can use one of her kites.

Thank YOU Terry! We learned more in the first few minutes with you than we did in the past two years. To be honest, I was about to give up on Revs and stick to my 2 line speed foil because all I could do was crash the Rev on launching. Now we are both totally enthused again! Walking back to the car, my wife said that as soon as we get to Seaside on Tuesday we're going to the kite shop to buy a pair of vented 1.5s!

• Like 3

Thank YOU Terry! We learned more in the first few minutes with you than we did in the past two years. To be honest, I was about to give up on Revs and stick to my 2 line speed foil because all I could do was crash the Rev on launching. Now we are both totally enthused again! Walking back to the car, my wife said that as soon as we get to Seaside on Tuesday we're going to the kite shop to buy a pair of vented 1.5s!

Hook, line and sinker. Possibly the bobber too! Have fun and remember it's all about control. Controlling the urge to buy more Rev's.

Now go give that Supersonic a good workout.