KiteLife Forum

How Many Revs Will Fit?

Nick Russell

How many Revs will fit in my kite bag? Well, I know it's two more than what fit in it yesterday. Miss Terry and I both got full sail NYMs today. So that makes four Revs for me and three for her.

admit it dude, this is a just a cover :big_band: for the 2nd bag.coming shortly....tell me it ain't

• Like 2

How many Revs will fit in my kite bag? Well, I know it's two more than what fit in it yesterday. Miss Terry and I both got full sail NYMs today. So that makes four Revs for me and three for her.

admit it dude, this is a just a cover :big_band: for the 2nd bag.coming shortly....tell me it ain't

It is getting darker...and darker....isn't it bud

• Like 2

Roll 'em up tight and seal closed with velcro

sleeve one: 3 custom Ashworth indoor quads in a thin plastic map tube

sleeve two: 3 zens,

sleeve three: 2 B-pro SULs & 1 Polanski custom,

sleeve four: 2 "Old Glory" SULs & 1 40% Shook,

sleeve five: 2 75% Shooks, and 1 100% Shook

sleeve six: 2 B-Pro mid-vents and 1 B-Pro full vent

eighteen kites,

plus a large handful of spars, 8 sets of handles with line in place, 3 stakes, a fix it repair kit, light-sets and several small tools. I also carry two REV banner pole ground pegs plus I roll the rev bag around another map tube that contains 1/2 a dozen shook mini banner revs on poles, sticks way out of one end, but strapped to the transport sand cart it's just a taller handle.

• Like 2

Roll 'em up tight and seal closed with velcro

sleeve one: 3 custom Ashworth indoor quads in a thin plastic map tube

sleeve two: 3 zens,

sleeve three: 2 B-pro SULs & 1 Polanski custom,

sleeve four: 2 "Old Glory" SULs & 1 40% Shook,

sleeve five: 2 75% Shooks, and 1 100% Shook

sleeve six: 2 B-Pro mid-vents and 1 B-Pro full vent

eighteen kites,

plus a large handful of spars, 8 sets of handles with line in place, 3 stakes, a fix it repair kit, light-sets and several small tools. I also carry two REV banner pole ground pegs plus I roll the rev bag around another map tube that contains 1/2 a dozen shook mini banner revs on poles, sticks way out of one end, but strapped to the transport sand cart it's just a taller handle.

When Paul says "sleeves" he means the slots in the Rev bag, not the protective carry sleeves the kite comes in. Get rid of the sleeves, and roll them fairly tight and you can fit 18 into the slots/pockets, plus a few just rolled up in the bag that you just lay on top in the valleys created when you fill the slots. Should hold 23 plus a good assortment of lines, tools and accessories. Stakes and handles are a bit of a funky fit, so I like to put them in a separate bag or you can carry them in a small backpack.

Edit: I forgot to mention the outside pocket on the Rev bag. That holds a couple of "Quick-Fly" handles with attached lines, some stakes, wind meter, etc. -- whatever "lumpy" stuff that won't roll well.

• Like 2

If you're living and traveling in an RV, wouldn't that be a big enough bag? If the wind changes you can always go back and grab a different kite.

That's no fun :(

Ya gotta have your quiver of kites with you on the field or beach :cat_angelic: ...........not off in the RV park or parking lot!

• Like 2

Can't take the SUV down on the beach at WSIKF, so you had better be prepared to pack you and your gear in and out!!! I prefer using 2 straps on my Rev bag and wearing it like a backpack. Keeps both hands free to carry other things if needed - and they usually are!! Ice chest, shade shelter, duffel bag, etc, you're on the beach all day and pretty far from just running to your car for something. Hell, just making the trip to the porta-potties can be a major trek!!

Like a Boy Scout - Be Prepared!!

• Like 1

Can't take the SUV down on the beach at WSIKF, so you had better be prepared to pack you and your gear in and out!!! I prefer using 2 straps on my Rev bag and wearing it like a backpack. Keeps both hands free to carry other things if needed - and they usually are!! Ice chest, shade shelter, duffel bag, etc, you're on the beach all day and pretty far from just running to your car for something. Hell, just making the trip to the porta-potties can be a major trek!!

Like a Boy Scout - Be Prepared!!

You can't drive on the beach at WSIKF ? I thought that was the great part about those West Coast beaches, I've seen pictures of people with regular cars, not even 4WD on the beach out there. It looked like I could just fly in, rent a car, and park it on the beach & fly...

You can drive on the beaches here in some places, but you need a capable 4WD to get on the beaches here, have to pay for expensive permit, and undergo an extensive inspection.

Yep - no beach driving at WSIKF!! They do have some parking near the fields - but you have to be there by a certain time, and can't leave til after a certain time! There are festivals that do allow driving, you need an event pass to go beyond a certain point. WSIKF is so big it uses up the entire beach in the area!