KiteLife Forum

Editing Music

Penny Lingenfelter

<_< I've never taken music editing classes offered at various kite events and I'm not to computer savy, but the time has come to edit some music and I'd like to avoid going to the music studio to do it.

Does anyone out there know of any free download program to edit music. It's just a matter of taking out some stanza's. :rolleyes:

Tks. Penny

Hi Penny,

The 2 popular programs are Sound Forge XP or Cool Edit. Neither is free. You may find a way to do simple cut and splice stuff for free. I use the Sound Forge. There is so much more that you can do with these programs that it's worth it. If you like I could edit the piece for you.

See you soon,

Thanks Scott I may have to take you up on that. As soon as Lincoln City is over I'll try to focus on outside. My purchases will be small right now. You know what I don't like about tax season? My sweetheart itemizing and letting me know just how much I spend on my wonderful hobby. :rolleyes:

John, I will go and read that article. Thanks for reminding me it was there.

BB

Penny

• 6 months later...

I have a small commercial studio where I also teach music and music production. Since we are damn near related through the kite world... I can do it cheap for you Penny! Actually any of you fliers who need music, (original or compiled), I am more than happy to help.

Contact me through John Barresi or The Kite Shoppe. You can catch me at AKA Nationals if you like.

Scott

I have a small commercial studio where I also teach music and music production. Since we are damn near related through the kite world... I can do it cheap for you Penny! Actually any of you fliers who need music, (original or compiled), I am more than happy to help.

Contact me through John Barresi or The Kite Shoppe. You can catch me at AKA Nationals if you like.

Scott

awesome!! so does my friend.... we record our bands music there.... and us singing. :blue-cool: thats fun

• 5 weeks later...

Tks Scott. I work next door to a recording studio I've used in the past, so I spent 1/2 hr. over there getting all my music tweaked this yr. Everything, but little tings enhanced, that I forgot. So I'll do that next time.

Now it's time for next years routines. It's not bad enough I have to find music 2- 4 min. long (like I ever do) but I have to find something that with a costume makes a complete performance, tells a story or creates an emotion.

I've been to the music wharehouse the last 3 days at lunch looking for music. Keep your ears open. I am always open to suggestions.

BB

Penny

• 1 year later...
Guest Dani
Does anyone out there know of any free download program to edit music. It's just a matter of taking out some stanza's.

Free download music editing program try FlexiMusic. Its easy to edit Audio/ MP3 files.