KiteLife Forum

Peter Powell Kites

Dcnlarry

Hello All: I just can't contain myself, I just received three of the most beautiful kites, at least to me, that I have ever had the pleasure to play with, they are absolutely beautiful, one in each of Red, White and Blue and made by Peter Powell complete with signed kite sleeve, Wahoo, bring me some wind, I am out of here, gotta go play tomorrow, hope I can sleep tonight.

• Like 2

Hello SHBKF, Nice write up. I am going to try just one at a time, I did purchase this set of Red, White and Blue to stack, but I want to get the feel for the kite first. Boys just want to have some fun. Taking the Grandkids out to the field and just "gonna let her fly"

• Like 2

Hi there. I am am original Peter Powell kite user from the 70's. My original was aluminium in Blue that died a death and was replaced with a glass fibre rod Red unit. I still have it but cant find the horizontal struts to fly it.

I am an ex pat from the UK living in Canada, I was a young teenager when I got my first one and it was bloody amazing and so quick. I recently emailed the company in the UK and the original Peter Powell got my message and it was pretty nostalgic seeing them fly again.

My kids learned to fly dual line on my Red kite and bought their own delta kites and its a family affair. I have just got a Rev 1.5 and love it but nothing will match the speed and precise handling of the Peter Powells.

• Like 1