KiteLife Forum

Where to buy a second hand Rev sail ?

swifty_canada

Ladies and gentlemen I am at a loss how to find a source of second hand Rev kites, or sails. I have a fully vented 1.5, with both a 3 and a 4 wrap frame and just cannot seem to get fast enough reliable winds up here in Vancouver so I want something I can fly in 4-10 mph.

I know the simplest thing would be to buy a B series or a 1.5 without vents but I cannot afford that right now so I am hoping to buy a sail from someone as I dont need the frame or handles etc.

Could anyone suggest a website to check out ?

Thanks in advance.

There are two used Revs on e-Bay right now. Both look very good. The B-series is complete, including snagless handles and custom stake, but has line problem, which means you could make it into two shorter sets with a little bit of work.

The Pnk/Gld/Blu 1.5 SLE is kite only, without the SLE leading edge tubes. I have purchased from this seller before, more than once, with no problems.

My preference would be the B-series because of the extras. I didn't check Craigslist. They occasionally show up there.

I've dealt with Reved before (almost running out of fabric - how is your sister?) and can vouch for him. I'm in Canada too, and he helped me out a lot when I was very new to the Rev game. Don't hesitate to get in touch with him.

I think the idea of the second sail is the right way to go. With all respect, the idea of burning holes in your primary kite gives me the willies. Get a sail and get a bridle kit so that you have choices about what you fly that day. When my ship came in and I could buy three ABS kites, I got the UL, midvent and fullvent. With those three I can fly in most anything and they are all ready to go whenever I get the time.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

No vents in this B series. A little streached out means that the fabric is a bit loose on the bottom edge near the center of the kite instead of being flat.

2mo9oo3.jpg

Details of the leading edge and screen I replaced.

2823w2b.jpg

New hot pink bridle.

2wdvmet.jpg

Overall a good kite with lots of life left in it.

11vrthv.jpg

Hey RevRookie. Thanks for the good words. PM me and let me know what your building these days and what you need.

I rarely fly the 1.5's anymore. Usually the B2, and the 1.8 size I designed is my favorite. Still spending the whole summer at the Russian River in northern California. This one is my current favorite 1.8 sized quad.

1h70y1.jpg

• Like 1

I just looked at the kite. Jump on it! Reved is a regular here and trustworthy. That sail has no vents. The colors are black and lime -- look brownish because of the lighting. With a new leading edge, it's a steal at that price.

Edit: I see Reved got his post in just as I was typing mine -- oh, well.

• Like 2

All kites stretch over time. The B series sail was design with this in mind. The panel layout channels the wind to help with precision.

Supplemental note: revs will fly even when the sail is pretty much see through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I put a new leading edge on this one and never use it. It's a bit stretched but flys just fine. $75 for the sail only, shipped to Canada and I'll cover PayPal fees. Let me know if you need more pics.

http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/6064-rev-15-b-series-sail-only-cheap/?p=46533

Reved, one last question please. What wind speeds will work for this kite with a 3 wrap frame in it? That is important to me thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No vents in this B series. A little streached out means that the fabric is a bit loose on the bottom edge near the center of the kite instead of being flat.

2mo9oo3.jpg

Details of the leading edge and screen I replaced.

2823w2b.jpg

New hot pink bridle.

2wdvmet.jpg

Overall a good kite with lots of life left in it.

11vrthv.jpg

Hey RevRookie. Thanks for the good words. PM me and let me know what your building these days and what you need.

I rarely fly the 1.5's anymore. Usually the B2, and the 1.8 size I designed is my favorite. Still spending the whole summer at the Russian River in northern California. This one is my current favorite 1.8 sized quad.

1h70y1.jpg

PS.... Sorry this was meant to be in my last reply. Is made of ripstop or Icarex?

Ok I have looked at the links you sent me and understood that a stretched sail does hurt things too badly also the wind speed is shown in one of the other posts. So yes I will take it, I assume that your last comment wasn't serious about doubling in price ☺

Well I thought I was going to be real busy today with some chimney repair, but it's raining. Haven't seen rain in months. Hope it puts out some of those fires. Enjoy your rev :)

23t343b.jpg

So sorry I have been in meetings all day and just got out. I appreciate the trust you have in me by sending it already without payment received. I will try and get paypal working on my cell phone and pay you now. Roy

With the 2 sails - you should have most winds covered now. Not the extremes on both ends, but just about everything in between.

What frames do you have? 2, 3, 4 wrap cover most all ranges. Or substitute a black race frame for the 2 wrap. Just be aware the race frame flexes and rebounds differently than the "wrap" frames. Not bad, just different!! Some like them, some don't - it's personal like, over just going with what you hear! Also remember, you can put any of the 1.5 frames in any of the 1.5 sails! I don't however, suggest using a 4 wrap in a std, it will put the sail in too much wind and possibly stretch it. Once stretched, it won't return to original shape! Rather if you feel a 4 wrap is needed in a std, put up the vented instead.It will handle the winds much better!

• Like 1