KiteLife Forum

Older Prism Illusion kite need help!

rfcaddell

Hey folks l won an older Prism Illusion in a raffle and can't find any instructions on how to tighten the leading edge. All I have is notch on the end of the spar a string that is attached to the sail material am I missing something. See the attached photo

As always thanks for the help I get on this form you folks are great

Ron

post-8567-0-88161900-1442810931_thumb.jp

Hey folks should have looked a little longer before posting previous post. I found the info I was looking for on how to cinch down the leading edge. But I do have a question can someone tell me what is the wind range on this kite is, someone at the kite festival told me it was the older version. I found one site said 2 - 12 mph it seams a bit heavy to fly at 2 mph?

You will find it best in the 5-12mph range. Any less wind than that, you will have to work it. Be very careful with the lower spreaders, you can't get those anymore. The Illusion is a pretty tough kite, I've never broken mine, but I always keep that in the back of my head.

Take a look at this post as far as the wingtip lashings, might help...

http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/4320-should-i-be-breaking-down-the-leading-edge/

• Like 1