KiteLife Forum

Upgrade coming!

Hello,

We had the board offline for the last couple of days, exploring options for new software or upgrading what we use now... After trying a whole bunch of different board (vBulletin, phpBB, etc), we've elected to continue with Invision Board and have ordered an upgrade from v1.2 (what we use as of 10/26/05) to v2.1.2!

At some point in the next 24-72 hours, the board wil be temporarily inactive while Invision technicians handle the upgrade for us. Some of the customized features will be gone in the new version, until we can add them again.

- Spell Check

- Off-forum links (upper right)

- "Center" tags (bbCode)

- Chosen color/font for users (currently configurable in "My Controls")

- Real name field in private profile (admin viewable only)

New features will eventually include...

- Fully configurable and customizable bbCODE

- Links database (replacement for our WebLinks)

- Multiple attachments

- Download area

- Membermap (leave your pin on the world)

- Photo Gallery (replacement for our PhotoFiles)

- Emoticons in signatures

- Functioning spell checker

- Skype link in profile info

- And much, much more...

Our goal is to consolidate the forum with our photo gallery and links services, as well as make everything MUCH more configurable for both users and admin.

The total upgrade is costing Kitelife $185... If you would like to help us absorb the cost of this upgrade and installation, please consider becoming an official subscriber (if you haven't already) or donating to our cause (via PayPal or check by mail) in any amount, via the button below.

If the donation link does not work, you can send donations to us via your PayPal account... All donations should go to webmaster(at)kitelife(dot)com, just replace (at) and (dot) to properly represent our real email address.

My sincerest thanks to all of you, for being a part of what we do here at Kitelife.

And here you have it... The new forum!

Please take the time to update your profile via "My Controls" in the upper right of this page, check out the photo gallery, etc.

I'll post help topics on some of the new features over the next few weeks.

FYI - photos are added to your gallery through "My Controls"... Official Kitelife Subscribers can upload up to 100MB of photos, and regular users can upload up to 5MB.

If you'd like to subscribe, there is now an option to do so through "My Controls".

We even get new smilies! :D

About one of those smilies... I hate to be a party pooper, but I made this one a while back and I use it as my signature on a couple forums :revvin:

I would like to keep it unique. Thanks.