KiteLife Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guy Capra (Alomphega)

What is the best lifter ever if I need huge power and stability ?

this bold line ... (bolded)

**500 lb. test only for light wind

that is quite strong single line for 6 mph wind ... that's all.

• Like 1

It really does lift once you get it up! And hard to walk down in winds over 20 mph. Go big on the line!

like this guy here ?

I hope my technique is better than your friends in the video, but, yes, it feels like that sometimes!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By Marcus Murphy
      Hi all,
      I'd like to lift a large flag as line art, starting from scratch. It will be from a mountain top 250m up on a small island, 2.5km square. The flag itself is 3m long, and should weigh maybe 3lbs at the most. I'm hoping to have it ready to fly in about 5 weeks.
      I looked into 'flag print' kites, but I'd prefer it to blow in the wind as a flag, as opposed to just a static image on a Rokkaku or similar. So far the easiest thing seems to be just buying a white or light blue single line soft parafoil/sled, and attaching the flag a few meters below the kite on the line somehow. To be honest, I'm not even sure what I would need to consider to do that either.
      Where could I find small/easy to use kites suited to this kind of task/environment, and are there any DIY bridles or conversion kits for line art/laundry? My budget is around $100 at the moment.
      Thanks a lot,
      Marcus.
  • Upcoming Events