KiteLife Forum

Packing my kites for travel...

John Barresi

On 4/1/2020 at 11:18 AM, John Barresi said:

I'm most curious to see what the whole thing looks like with the equivalent of two grey Rev rollup bags

Tried it out. I wouldn't be able to fit two of my rollup bags (OSK, 40" long by about 9" diameter) simply because the bag tapers toward the top, but I can fit one OSK plus my old smaller "quad bag" (13 kites, 3 extra frames, 3 handles, 7-9 linesets, etc).  I added two throw pillows to simulate clothes.  Everything fits without feeling tight:

.  IMG_20200403_182815.jpg.  IMG_20200403_182440.jpg

On 4/1/2020 at 11:18 AM, John Barresi said:

Some of the external pockets and such look like they "fill out" the interior

A bit, but not too bad.  The flap on the upper front isn't an external pocket, it's just the "lid".   There's a long side pocket and a hardshell compartment (for a cap or glove I guess). The side compartment still has at least 2" depth left when the bag's full.  The cap compartment shares some space with the interior, but the hard lid leaves a lot of space too:

IMG_20200403_182223.jpg.   IMG_20200403_182208.jpg

The biggest drawback is that I can't open up the entire length of the bag, so I'll have to pack things in from the bottom up.  But overall I'm pleased.

EDIT:  I forgot I was going to ask - anyone know what that little hook is for (the one that's circled in red in the side pocket pic)?

• Like 1

Traveler's tip... Use a little clear flex seal (spray and smooth over with cardboard or something) on the areas that will take the most abrasion... Just a fine smoothed layer of Flex Seal slightly rubberizes the fabric, and makes it much more durable, adds some water resistance as well.

• Like 1