KiteLife Forum

Hello to all

T in WI

Hello to all the great members here!!!

I might be new to joining but have been window browsing here for sometime now :)

A little about how I started flying,

I live in a small town about 30 miles east of Green Bay Wisconsin along the lake shore of Lake Michigan.

This summer our town along with local businesses and the Wisconsin Kiters Club hosted our first "Soar on the Shore" event. I have always had interests in kites and own a couple small single line kites to enjoy with my 2 daughters but after watching a rather good turn out of flyers at this event I knew I was in trouble.

Now I am one of those "jump in with both feet " types of guys and it wasn't long and I had bought a couple foil kites to play with.

On Labor Day weekend I was able to get to a kite festival about an hour south of me called 2015 Kites over Lake Michigan. The amount of people attending a 2 day event in Wisconsin amazed me!!! Saturday the Lake decided to throw a wrench into things bringing some heavy fog and calm breeze but that didn't stop people from showing up. Now on Sunday the weather was great!! I was able to watch some dual stunt kite flying as well as some teamed Rev flying choreographed to the DJ's music. That is all it took, I was all in....

Now in a short period of time my kite bag grows. I have four used Prism duals in great condition and I am working with a member from a different forum (possibly even on here too) on buying a matching pair of gently used Rev 1.5s in SLE and SUL.

Again I thank everyone here for sharing their insight and experiences as I am sure there are plenty of answers if I search for them to all the newbie questions I am sure to have along the way!!!!

T

• Like 4

Hi, T in WI. Welcome to the forum. We may have met at KOLM. I was flying a Spiro Rev at the south end of the demo field with Jynx, the gal flying the Bazzer "Eyes" Rev.

Good to have you on board. Looking forward to seeing you at KOLM in 2016. It's a great fest in a great town full of great people, and the flying field ain't too shabby either.

• Like 1

Makatakam

I didn't get a chance to chat with any of the Rev flyers at KOLM. Too hard to talk while one is drooling at all the skills being displayed B)

I do remember Jinx and her Green Eyed kite, hard to miss!!! hope to meet you next year!!!

Not sure if it is ok for me to post a link so if it needs to be removed I understand...

Here are some pics from a great show in the midwest

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lesterpubliclibrary/albums/72157658158867912