KiteLife Forum

I figure its time to step up my kite skills

JPhelps

Hello Kitelife, I've been kiting since I was about 11 and just got a chance to kite way more. I live in norther New Jersey but didn't get many days to fly because my town was all forests. Now that I'm a college in Rochester New York it is about a 300 foot walk to a field that has good wind at least for days a week, AKA heaven.

I started with a Prism Nexus that I still have, beat up but functional. I bought a number of prism kites over the years and have a 4D, Snapshot 1.5 and tensor along with the Nexus. Probably three years ago I discovered the rev but couldn't get one until about two months ago I bought a 1.5 sle. All I have to say is wow, I'm in love.

I am currently co-president of the RIT kite club with my roommate (chosen based solely on the fact that we both kited) I have about 16 members in the club and am really happy about how many people are hooked. Now that I am the guy that the club looks at and says "that's good flying" I decided its time to step it up and really get great. I have never flown with anyone better than me and I decided that It would be a good idea to turn to the forums to get my information and help.

I am currently looking for any old kites for the club to use. I have my kites that are being used often and some members could buy cheaper dualies. My goal is to get four Revs for team flying, we currently have two and I'm working people to buy their own but it isn't possible for most people to get the money for it. Let me know if you can help out with a kite or know somewhere/someone I can ask for help. I would like kites in working condition but I have the means for doing fairly extensive repairs and I can't be very picky asking for free stuff. I can find a way to pay shipping on kites. Thank you very much.

• Like 3

You could contact Lolly at Revolution Kites, 858-679-5785. She may have some beaters or "seconds" available. You can frequently find some pretty good deals on eBay, the GWTW forum, the Revolution Kites forum and here.

Other option is to build your own. Look at my avatar. I couldn't afford to buy one at the time, so I made my own; about five of them. Since then finances have gotten better and now I have fourteen of the genuine article. The reason I mention this is so you realize it will become an addiction that will always leave you wanting more.

Have fun, smile and don't forget to breathe.

P.S. -- Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll definitely give Lolly a call. I already have the materials to build myself a kite but I don't think I can build one good enough for anyone else for awhile. And do you really think I don't know its an addiction, once you hold the lines your hooked! I have had to answer the question "why do you have so many kites" or "why do you need another kite?" far to many times. my answer-

simply hand them the lines. :throb::revonhead:

And thanks for the welcome.

• Like 1

Hello Jphelps! Welcome .... Pretty cool deal you got going on helping everyone like your doing. Seems to be the spirit with everyone here... Lots of good reading here and lots of good people. Best of luck to you amigo...