KiteLife Forum

WTB All kinds of kites for a kite club

JPhelps

I am looking for any inexpensive (or free...) kites for a start up kite club at Rochester Institute of Technology. I am currently co-president of the RIT kite club with my roommate. I have about 16 members in the club and am really happy about how many people are hooked.

I am currently looking for any old kites for the club to use. I have my kites that are being used often and some members could buy cheaper dualies. My goal is to get four Revs for team flying, we currently have two and I'm working people to buy their own but it isn't possible for most people to get the money for it. Let me know if you can help out with a kite or know somewhere/someone I can ask for help. I would like kites in working condition but I have the means for doing fairly extensive repairs and I can't be very picky asking for cheap stuff. I can find a way to pay shipping on kites. You know that old kite could use a replacement...Thank you very much.

how much repairs are you willing to do sir?

I have a couple of kites that could use a new trailing edge, that means a couple of panels need to replaced with new icarex fabric and the center vee will need to be recreated as well

Tattered but still flight worthy (okay, beat unmercifully until replacement was necessary as the wife said they were "visual embarrassing to our family") Thye are currently held together with duct tape

you need frames too? Those items for sale,

sails I could probably make freebies, but you get what you pay for, so no squawking about condition

You need lines worthy of team flying, that's not some discarded leftovers from the community, that will take a financial commitment and not a one & done either

the group is in for hundreds of bucks, even if the sails are provided for free.

PM me if you want to discuss further and good luck with the team either way.

-plm

• Like 2

I have a dualie that I'll donate to the cause. It's a Blaster dual line stunt kite made by GFAK that is in excellent shape. I'm getting ready to sell off some of my sport kites to make room for others. PM me the shipping address and I'll send it.

blaster1.jpg

Blaster by Go Fly A Kite (GFAK)
Budweiser "Get Wet" - Made in China
Status - Out of Production