KiteLife Forum

Shockwave

Mr.Lane

I think "hated" is a bit strong, more like a specialty item, With only 1 model, it's not as versatile as the 1.5 models that have 2-3-4 different sails. Because of it's speed, it doesn't lend itself to team flying. And teams do a lot of matching up of sail and frame combos to get their best equipment airborne for a good demo!

Kite would be awesome as a solo or for just personal fun! IMHO!

It really depends on what you are looking for in your flying experience!!

• Like 2

I must say that I acquired a Shockwave out of curiosity after reading numerous comments. The lack of mainstream endorsement gave it a special appeal somehow. I found that when first flying in lighter winds I tended to fly off the edge of the window & not be able to back up fast enough to recover. In higher, more appropriate winds for this kite, IMHO, I did not make the same error. I also agree with Wayne's comments. This is a more specialized kite with a different flavor you might say. All of the Speed & Power series Revolution kites require a bit different flying style compared to the 1 & 1.5 Revs. But my journey continues as time on the lines adds up. SHBKF

• Like 1

They do awesome axels, side slides, spins, and amazing dive stops. Everything 1.5 can do just more aggressive. It has a precise side but its a hard beast to tame. Rev claims if you like the Shockwave you love the Blast, I disagree, I could not stand the Blast. The Supersonic is just as fast IMO but it lacks the pull of the Shock. They do make vented versions of the Supersonic but I am unsure about the Shockwave. I have had a few Shockwaves go through my hands, there was a time I did not have one and regretted it, so I found one. Its such a show stopper and the power is incredible. I would put the Shockwave up with one of my top 3 favorite kites to fly of all my many kites.

• Like 2

Well I thank you all for your honesty and strong valid opinions. I am thoroughly convinced that I am a power kiter. I love the pull, the snap and the drag. All i currently have is the ITW Bulldog 2.2, and the SD 2.0 Para-Stunter. I fly revs, and i like them, i like them a lot. The precise nature is sooo appealing. The only down side is no power. So I started inquiring about the power revs.... I know, I am a power addict. :ani_wallbash::akuma: But All I've heard about the "Powerkite" for rev, was bad. But you've all been CRAZY helpful. Now....Gentlemen....who wants to convince my wife to spend money i don't have LMBO...all takers say "I"

• Like 1

So what was bad about Rev Power kites?

I personally have a PB2/4. As described with the Shockwave...it is a different flavor and style over the 1.5 and variation sized kites.

I find it quite fun. The 2/4 has some grunt and capable of scudding,landboarding and buggy play. Also the 4/8... SHBKF can comment on that one.

I am 6' 220lbs. The 2/4 can give me a really good workout in single digits and power grows as the wind does.

Yet they still hold that 4 line feeling for me..more so over a 4 line foil.

I have a friend that runs stacked Blast. He uses it for buggy and digs it.

• Like 2

So what was bad about Rev Power kites?

I personally have a PB2/4. As described with the Shockwave...it is a different flavor and style over the 1.5 and variation sized kites.

I find it quite fun. The 2/4 has some grunt and capable of scudding,landboarding and buggy play. Also the 4/8... SHBKF can comment on that one.

I am 6' 220lbs. The 2/4 can give me a really good workout in single digits and power grows as the wind does.

Yet they still hold that 4 line feeling for me..more so over a 4 line foil.

I have a friend that runs stacked Blast. He uses it for buggy and digs it.

Well I really need one. I loved power kites, just don't have power kite money. Lol but man I'd love to have one

Like this one? I bought mine one evening, took it to a large mall parking lot & flew it on 50' x 50# lines for a short time. Guess I was pretty anxious to get it in some air time. As I was setting up I had the kite leaning against the van & I was kneeling at the handles attaching the lines. It was pretty dark & was taking some time. A local nurse saw me & drove up to see if I was in trouble. I thanked her & told her I was fine. "I'm just a crazy kite nut" I said spontaneously. SHBKF

RWB Blast, close relative of the Shockwave

I think the Speed and Power Series (Supersonic, Shockwave, Blast, etc) don't find legs with most Rev pilots because the most obvious draw of a Rev is absolute control - while the Speed and Power Revs do have control, a TON the finer control is sacrificed in order to generate more speed (narrower profile top to bottom) and pressure (flatter kite and stiffer frame), but those with an appreciation for sudden bursts of speed and power do sometimes find pleasure in them.

In the right wind, I like the Blast 2.4 because it's closer in proportion (height by width) to the 1.5 class of Revs...

That being said, I'm a control freak (coughanalcoughretentivecough) and use my B Pro 1.5 kites 99% of the time I'm on Revs. :)

• Like 2

I think the Speed and Power Series (Supersonic, Shockwave, Blast, etc) don't find legs with most Rev pilots because the most obvious draw of a Rev is absolute control - while the Speed and Power Revs do have control, a TON the finer control is sacrificed in order to generate more speed (narrower profile top to bottom) and pressure (flatter kite and stiffer frame), but those with an appreciation for sudden bursts of speed and power do sometimes find pleasure in them.

In the right wind, I like the Blast 2.4 because it's closer in proportion (height by width) to the 1.5 class of Revs...

That being said, I'm a control freak (coughanalcoughretentivecough) and use my B Pro 1.5 kites 99% of the time I'm on Revs. :)

Well you know I love power. But after you let me fly your rev (first time holding One), I became hooked on the control aspect of kiting. But I just can't shake the itch for power. Now I want power and control.

• Like 2

The PB2-4 is a 2-meter that pulls like a 4-meter foil, hence the name "PB 2-4". I have a Red/Wht in the same pattern as JB's Blu/Wht, and in a 6mph wind I struggle to stay on my feet. I only weigh about 140 pounds, but if the wind is at 8mph, I don't even think about flying it. The PB4-8 is big enough to grab air in 10mph+ winds, and the 2-4 is enough to get me off the ground.

If you are or want to get into boarding or buggying they are the way to go if you want ultimate control.

The PB2-4 is a 2-meter that pulls like a 4-meter foil, hence the name "PB 2-4". I have a Red/Wht in the same pattern as JB's Blu/Wht, and in a 6mph wind I struggle to stay on my feet. I only weigh about 140 pounds, but if the wind is at 8mph, I don't even think about flying it. The PB4-8 is big enough to grab air in 10mph+ winds, and the 2-4 is enough to get me off the ground.

If you are or want to get into boarding or buggying they are the way to go if you want ultimate control.

I'm 220. And it might be quite some time before I get a pb or shockwave unless someone wants a trade lol