KiteLife Forum

A list of (individual) "trick" name : "name" of movement/path

DeafThunder

This link below is a name of movement or path (not a "trick" name)
http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/6731-quad-lines-revolution-kites-tricks-name/

I hope these are helpful and any advice is still greatly appreciated

• BLACK color = normal text
  • RED, underline and BOLD color = "Official" trick name
  • ORANGE color = Demonstration
  • VIOLET color = Extra information

This is actually a list of beginner "trick" name ... help us out :)

1. Launch ... takes off
  2. Hovering ... holding still at and floating
  3. Dive Stop ... Dive, dead stop and hover ... usually first cool move for a beginner learns ... this move can be done in any direction. It is merely more dramatic in the vertical, from up to down, but is done at any angle, including going up

This is actually a list of intermediate "trick" name ... help us out :)

1. Slide ? : ?????????

This is actually a list of advanced (possible combination) "trick" name ... help us out :)

Since I am deaf, I really don't know what it has been said in the video without reading lips or "true" closed caption ... so, I hope to making this trick list simpler to understanding better what those tricks are.

My grammer is not good ... correction is greatly appreciated ...

Thanks !

• Like 1

"Dive, dead stop and hover", more commonly called "Dive Stop" is a beginner move and usually the first cool move a beginner learns, so that should be in category 1.

Of course, this move can be done in any direction. It is merely more dramatic in the vertical, from up to down, but is done at any angle, including going up.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's sufficient, but quite a few (16) of our tutorial downloads have true word for word CC available, they're listed on this page... ;)

http://kitelife.com/forum/files/category/116-subtitles/

that is paid/donation subscription only

yes, I saw those and those are great starting points !!! ... I had to slow the speed to allow me to read the CC and see what you doing at the same time ... I saw them all and will re-watch until I am sick of it :) (someone suggested that to me ... LOL) ... there are other youtube or vimeo video did not have true closed caption and "automatic" CC thing is so funny and confusing ... just like these guys explained :) so funny and worth to learn/watch.

"Dive, dead stop and hover", more commonly called "Dive Stop" is a beginner move and usually the first cool move a beginner learns, so that should be in category 1.

Of course, this move can be done in any direction. It is merely more dramatic in the vertical, from up to down, but is done at any angle, including going up.

Thanks ... updated.

• Like 1

(laughing) ...Sorry that I sure did found them, read them and read them again... in about a week or 2 ... I will read those again, until I get sick of reading it :)

I did tested the 1 foot deep of water (kinda like a pond, but not really a pond-pond) with my kite ... you are ABSOLUTELY right ... it is like 10x heavier and 10x slower ... all I was trying to gentle trailing across the pond very lightly ... SPLASHED !!! ... touching water makes my kite acting like a strong magnet attracting to steel.

You picked the first 3 as my favorite articles ... and the last one "Around the Bend" hurts my brain badly ... LOL ... I tried once with stake with 3" a ring ... I almost killed my kite but saved by THUMB DOWN (dive stop before hit the ground)... forget the dogstake ... just for now until I get much, MUCH better than ever :) Wind Window is no problem ... I flew my 3m oZone at 24mph at danger zone (dead center) hovering just above the ground, both sideway and inverted, too ... I am still working on the inverted on my Thunder (b-series) and not good enough as my power kite yet ... I have not complete "all" stall position on either kites, but I will soon flawlessly.

Keep feeding me more information, I may be old fart, but I ain't stop flying kite ... I love to challenge myself, always !!!

• Like 1