KiteLife Forum

Kite waiting...

Palmahnic

Kite waiting... 
It's the best, and the worst...
You chose what new kite you want to fly, you chose which wind type, picked your colors, and you wait for it to be built...
Maker is nice enough to share building snapshots with you, but that just fuels the waiting monster...
finally he says "it's done" and you couldn't be happier, just need to wait until he ships it...
Then you get a message with a tracking number and you start to get really excited...
but just then you realize the you stand before the longest wait: the post office lingering...
Every morning you hit the post tracking website, and every evening before you sleep, and at mid day of course, for good measure...
They might as well put up a tracking update saying "Yeah we know you really want this kite, so we're taking the long way around"...
Why?? why must the wait be so hard, so long..

It's the worst... it's the best!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Palmahnic said:

I think you got it! Krijn Hemminga made it, and was very helpful and forthcoming in the process, with pics and development reports.

Exciting.  I hope you don't have to wait for the right wind once the kite arrives.  

I must have been staring at a particular kite plan a little too much lately to know right away what kite that is...

That is a nice looking bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a standard and a UL of the full size SS. I also have a .90 version of the std. The .90 is my favorite kite at the moment. You wont be disappointed. Here is my .90 to help (or not) with your waiting:

SS_STD_Stuart_McCullough_USA.jpg

Sharp colors! So the secret's out, who had Sixth Sense pro std?

4 hours ago, SparkieRob said:

What's the difference with a "Pro" standard? The Sixth Sense is an intriguing kite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stuart McCullough said:

The pro is framed in skyshark nitro and the standard is just skyshark. The sails are the same. 

Also, the reports are that it extends the wind range both ways, and tricks better. Of the series it's reported to have the best results.

I needed a good standard, with a slow big kite feel, and I very much connected with the videos, and the conversations I had with Krijn on it. The standards I currently own are the ATM, which I don't connect well with, and the Deep Space, which I love for its different qualities, but I prefer to fly and trick a little slower, for now anyway.

1 hour ago, Stuart McCullough said:

I almost forgot to add, to the OP, I feel your pain. I have a dark edition N3E headed my way in the mail too. Its painful to wait. 

Oh man... And the post service here is the worst. It's probably sitting in customs in some bag, all miserable, waiting to see some Israeli skies.. 

I think you got it! Krijn Hemminga made it, and was very helpful and forthcoming in the process, with pics and development reports.

Exciting.  I hope you don't have to wait for the right wind once the kite arrives.  

I must have been staring at a particular kite plan a little too much lately to know right away what kite that is...

How far along are you in the making process?