KiteLife Forum

Welcome Ian Lambton

John Barresi

Hello @Ian Lambton,

Welcome to KiteLife. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background.

Your profile - View Member

All the best, and welcome again! ;)

27 minutes ago, John Barresi said:

Hello @Ian Lambton,

Welcome to KiteLife. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background.

Your profile - View Member

All the best, and welcome again! ;)

Many thanks John. 

I'm new to kite flying, sort of.  I had one more than fifty years ago, which I recall flying just once and then about twenty five years later my daughter had one which we flew once or twice.  I rediscovered the thrill of kite flying in September of this year when I bought a single line diamond for my wife to fly on the beach at St Annes (site of an annual kite festival), because she'd never flown one.  A week or two later we bought a dual line stunt kite but couldn't get it airborne.  A quick search of the ever dependable YouTube showed me what we'd been doing wrong and the following day I amazed myself.  After an exhilarating hour or so in high winds, I managed to crash that kite on it's third outing, losing one of the spars and pulling the whiskers out of their locating holes and it awaits repair.  A second stunt kite was bought immediately but hasn't been flown yet (storm force winds, torrential rain, bad back etc etc etc.) and a friend of my wife's has just bought us a small parachute kite which we're going to fly this weekend, weather permitting. 

Flying is great fun.

• Like 2

Welcome Ian, good to have you on board. Prepare to have some fun and share in our addiction. Any questions you have can and will be answered here. Someone here has probably flown anything you can think of, and then some. 

Have fun, smile and don't forget to breathe.

• Like 2

Sounds like the same path many of us have been down.  I really enjoy hearing of kite flying re-awakenings.  I feel your joy & enthusiasm all the way across the ocean.  Keep going, it's gets even better.

Best wishes, SHBKF

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Barresi said:

Sadly, member map did not survive the forum upgrade - hopefully they'll support it again, lots of folks are asking about it.

That is sad. It's a great tool for new members, and senile old farts like me.

Edited by makatakam
Original not clever enough.

• 5 weeks later...