KiteLife Forum

Blast 2-4 (first time experience)

DeafThunder

I bought the Revolution Power Blast 2-4 from applewpb ... Excellent seller and gave true description on the kite ... Thank you.

I absolutely love it ... The "Beast" is way better than Rev 1 (in my humble opinion) and it's just like b-series at 14mph ... flew it at like 4 mph then kicked up to 10mph ... that's nothing to me ... flew it at 30°F for couple hours ... going back out to fly it again after modified my beast handle's knot lines, same way I did with other 2 pair of rev handles's knot lines ... I like the top 2 lines attached right above and next the foam grip ... almost like power kite grips ... because rev handles is like carry 1'x1'x5' box horizontal on both arms with water in it ... water waving back and forth until too much weight on either end to pull it back to center with difficulty ... I modified my handle's knots line to stablize more :) 

Going back out will be like 14mph range at 35°F and the Sun should be out in the open more than this morning (it was snow-flaking lightly) ... and I will let you know how it goes again. 

it's HUGE !!!

20151217_171501.thumb.jpg.73e8b870ac2cd4

• Like 2

Flew it 2 more hours on the "Beast" at 32F ... I learned that this beast's handles' knots lines does not need to be adjustment or modified ... so I leave it alone like it is ... I guess, I need more practice how to adjusting the handles quickly and often when wind changes and depending on the flight power and braking as well ... I love this "Beast" !!!

Then another hour on Mid-Vent B-Series on 120' 90lbs ... ahhhh, so much better than 80' 90lbs ... so far, so good :)

• Like 1

Next time you head out, after you fly around a bit, fly straight up to the top of the window over your head & just keep on going until the kite is behind you.  The kite will be flat, parallel to the ground gliding on it's own lift.  The upper leading edge has a curl in it to give it the airfoil shape of a typical airplane wing.  Go far enough to get uncomfortable about it.  When the lines get tension on them again give one of your top lines a little pop to spin the kite around & let it glide back downwind.  Or you can sort of guide it around the "back window" to the side a bit to the same effect.  If you get it too sideways it will fall out of the sky, you'll see.  Just get it headed back down wind somehow.  The lines will go slack as the kite passes back over or by your position.  The kite is gliding like the big wing it is.  It will keep gliding slowly losing altitude.  It's kind of like a toss launch.  It will eventually get to the end of the lines, pop back into flying position & zoom off again. If you like this little bit of special fun It is even more dramatic with the PB 4-8.  You'll have to get one of those too.   SHBKF

• Like 1

Already done that overhead flying and all the way to side floating like a light wind flying at 14mph ... I still have all that under control (no fall out yet) ... of course, some good pulling ... I just don't like to re-adjusting my grips to regain the brake and also that make my kite go crazy like a wild bull rodeo violently without hitting the walls, due uneven gripping ... in another word ... kite rodeo voilently without hitting grass, WHEW !!! ... ok, ok, ok ... just few inverted poke in the grass with full brakes on (did not slam it or hit it hard) ... whew !!! ... trust me ... I am going to master this BEAST as much I can on Rev1.5b ...

I am not even half way to precise all tricks yet on all 3 Rev Kites (more like 15% completed) ... hopefully 18% completely, before Sunday ... Blast2-4 is so much easier to control than Rev1.5b, because of slower steering (responsive ?) while Rev1 is about between Blast2-4 and Rev1.5b ... I will need to make flash cards (like JB said "practice trick before routine", something like it) to perform single or combination tricks to complete (checkmark, done, next one, please)

If you ever coming across in KY, be sure you bring the PB4-8 :)

• Like 2