KiteLife Forum

Quad build

stapp59

1 minute ago, Wayne Dowler said:

nice idea - but not what Rev wants. They want the kites to wear out!! Then you have to buy more!!

I laughed !!! ... same as it goes with this ... company stop making what people likes ... I still missed my favorite "discontinued" headset (i think it was 118 decibel) that I can hear without wearing my hearing aids ... I bought all 3 last one on eBay ... then I am out of luck after like in 2 years later

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fix a leading edge screen rip?  You don't have to SEW to make a kite, all you need is very high bond (VHB) tape otherwise known as 9460 from 3M Co.  You slap thin strips of this tape over the parameter of a piece of nylon, icrarex or Dacron (too heavy in my opinion) cut in the exact size to be applied.  (make a paper template fit perfectly 1st) then use it as a pattern.

Weight it down overnight with books or you can iron it and be "bonded" in a few minutes.  It's a more permanent bond than the strength of the fabrics on either side or next to it.

This adhesive is designed to bond two pieces of metal together.  And you can sew thru it w/o gumming up your needle too, if you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2016 at 1:39 PM, RobB said:

The fold spot on the mesh ! I am so down on Revs right now... my second B series mesh failed, first the full vent (OK, that one did get a lot of use & abuse), but now the one on my mid-vent (newer, maybe 1/4 the amount of air time). So, I am left with only my standard Rev. The standard Rev rarely gets flown, because its wind range conflicts with my dual line kites, which I prefer to fly.

I have to wonder if quality control at Rev is slipping...  I really hesitate to buy any more Revs, the ABS is looking really good right now !

I can relate.

I've had 2 mesh failures on 2 Revs in just over 1 year. I bought a sewing machine and will learn how to repair myself.

• Like 2