KiteLife Forum

[ Difference ] LaserPro Regular/Gold

DeafThunder

This might be hard to discuss/answer couple questions

... I know which two are, but other 2 not sure, yet ...

Just want your opinion or hint ... Thanks.

Can you tell which one is #90, #90, #150 and #200 ?

Can you tell which one is 80ft, 100ft, 120ft and 120ft ?

According to 2) 100ft #200 LaserPro Gold is the thinnest of all 4 ... and 1) is the #90 80ft

... How or can you tell the difference ?

Pounds (#) ? 

Gold or not ?

Need a better photo ? Just request it.

1)

1.thumb.jpg.9788880d0a19a3f61f22dc1e7eee

2)

2.thumb.jpg.c1d3347115bf4c0ed12c265b20f1

3)

3.thumb.jpg.370a9d1e6ec6deb9b31effc9c94e

4)

4.thumb.jpg.1b0ccf442d308979d86c8da0a8c7

4321)

4321.thumb.jpg.41f5cab0b4ed57a81b40b93d5

1234)

1234.thumb.jpg.36374ae5747f5caaa2d209e83

1234a)

1234a.thumb.jpg.9bf14fe53e1a10cbf45d2650

The only way to tell the length for sure is to stretch them out and compare,

As far as poundage - once you identify the lengths, you should be able to figure out the strength, based on thickness of line. The 150# and 200# should be much thicker than the 90#, pretty easy to see if in front of you.

Pretty much all the Laser Pro is sold as Gold anymore. LPG.

I thought so, too ... higher pound's lines should be thicker ... but this 2) have winder's label sticker said that it's 100ft 200# and that is the thinnest line of all ... yes, I flew blast 2-4 with it at 17mph ... I had a very short 35ft #90 which is thicker and possible un-wax-ed (not gold) and flew blast 2-4 with it and broke the line at middle section in about 10 seconds at like 15mph

Odd ... 

I thought so, too ... higher pound's lines should be thicker ... but this 2) have winder's label sticker said that it's 100ft 200# and that is the thinnest line of all ... yes, I flew blast 2-4 with it at 17mph ... I had a very short 35ft #90 which is thicker and possible un-wax-ed (not gold) and flew blast 2-4 with it and broke the line at middle section in about 10 seconds at like 15mph

3) and 4) are 120 ft ... but 3) is thicker than 4)

Odd ... 

It has to be a way to measure to be sure ... is there any measurement for i. ... naked eye won't do the trick well.

Labels on winders mean very little. I mostly use prism winders for my laser pro lines. So I have a bunch of laser pro winders with labels that are empty and collecting dust.

A broken 35' line has little to do # test, did all 4 lines break in the same spot? Did only 1 line break? Most likely the line had a flaw in it at the breaking point. Remember flying/landing on house roofs might look cool, but, if a line snags just a little on a shingle or a gutter mount, the test has been compromised, rocks, stones, even a broken finger nail will lower the test if your line snags on it. There is a lot of kite fliers that weigh 180# or less that 2 90# lines should pick us up.

Being that there is no real standard in the fishing line industry, I'm sure the same no real standard holds true in the kite line industry for actual test #. However, there is a way of testing the breaking point of your lines, but to do that, you must break each line that you really need that test information on.

Be sure to share the results with us!

• Like 1

You flew a 2-4 on 90#???? No wonder it broke!! Wrong weight line for that sail, in that wind. IMHO!!

Were the labels on there from your supplier? Is it possible you wound the wrong line on the wrong winder?? Not accusing you, just trying to figure out a "why".

I 100% agreed what hyzakite wrote and yes, just 1 line and exactly right about the "snag" on a roof, etc ... I probably will break-testing the (3 foot long) line with a pulling weight scale ... no plans has been made yet :)

Wayne, did you read that I did flew #90 along with #150 and #200 in my first post ? ... and mentioned that I did de-power a lot to avoid breakage ... 

Speaking of broke the very short 35ft #90 line ... that lines was my first line and that is the one I detangled all 4 lines ... I couldn't care less if it broke or not, so I went for it to see how strong is it.

Yes, that might be correct ... mismatching the winders and the lines ... honestly, I know which 2 are for real ... 1) is the 80ft #90 because the 4 sleeve colors and other is 2) is the blast 2-4's 100ft #200 lines, because it pondered me that it's the thinnest of all which is true strength and passed in a 17+mph wind that pulled me like a tug of war and lifted me off the ground for a quick moment like a trampoline jump.

Any question, suggestion or more information ? Post it ... it is good to learn something new :)

p.s. click on image then click on "full size" to see close up

(in additional)

thanks for all of your inputs and no, you are not embarrassing me at all, because it's a learning experience ... so, go comment about it anyway

using blast is much easier on the lines, because you can keep it depower 80% of its power almost entire time while flying and much easier to control the power at 20+mph than Rev B ... Rev B green racing frame bended like a walmart bag acting like a parachute at 20+mph ... therefore, Rev B can not do what blast can do ... that is how I learned from it ... green racing frame is AWESOME ... I have it for Rev B and Rev 1, too (yes, special order) and Rev 1 flies better with it than stiff leading edge/frame

it is the same way telling someone the stove is hot ... they touched it anyway ... they learned :)

I was kidding about testing the strength of the lines. But naturally new lines are thicker at the weight gets higher. However as lines get used the braids tighten and loosen, they become fatter by use, then they get even fatter as they collect dirt and moisture.

If the wind was steady enough and the line length was the same, the higher weight lines would droop/arch deeper than the lighter weight lines.

Best thing if you haven't used the lines yet is stake them out and actually measure and equalize them and write your length on the label, as for the weight just assume the thickest is the heaviest.

As for a blast on 35's personally I wouldn't dream of doing that, 78's and plenty of reverse is my speed, and 17mph winds is full vent flying for me.