KiteLife Forum
John Barresi

Need leaders for your quad?

For anyone who needs them, we have Pro Leaders available in the KiteLife shop!

These are tied to my specifications, each one precisely made by my wife @TAKAKO using only the best quality cored bridle line.

FullSizeRender-5-e1445112797445.thumb.jp Leaders_(ALL).jpg.c85a55b39fc9b192c6d861

These are complete sets, including two longer top leaders and two shorter bottom leaders (4 pieces total).

Tuning tips: After installing, set lines on the very end knot of each leader and try to launch - if launching is too difficult, shorten the top knot by one and try again, repeat until the kite feels "full" and gives you a good launch.

The bottom knots are for quick equalization of your bottom lines (very important) which can vary every time you swap kites or lines due to the small variances in stretch for both lines and bridle, if one bottom left line feels a little longer, shorten accordingly.

== 

Grab yours now - http://kitelife.com/forum/store/category/5-accessories/

And if you already have yours, we'd LOVE to hear about your experience with them via a reply here. ;)

• Like 1

I got a few sets when I found out that they were available. For me, I am 2/3's the way of them anyway. I got to buy the line and ship it to Australia. Then knotting the first one is easy, matching it isn't as simple. I have made a few sets from old bridle line but TK's are much more uniform than mine were. Not only left/right were they uniform but also the spacing between each knot. I can't see myself making my own again, only if TK isn't making them again.

Thanks TK and JB, very happy with mine. Plus, I can now say "I fly on JB's brake settings"... Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thanks Rob, I've added a little more info to the lead post as well. 

TK has a special jig she uses to make these, and hand-tightens each knot with pliers.

Looking forward to reading more feedback! ;)

Just ordered a couple of sets. Although I can't yet replace the leaders that John personally tied for me when he passed through our area in Fall of 2014. During my Rev rookie season.

Bill

• Like 1

These are great, I tried to make my own and had a very hard time getting the spacing between the knots to match both leaders. With the knots on these leaders being about 3/4" apart, it makes for some excellent fine tuning.   TK does an outstanding job on these, and in the future when I need more leaders it's a no-brainer Kitelife.

Ron

I have always made my own leaders but what I do is to colour code to identify left and right handles !     Now if you buy two sets you can use a different colour on each handle and have a spare set ! 

Bill

• Like 1

Beat ya to it - TK made me some sets with 2 different colors in them, because I color code too!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oapbillf said:

I have always made my own leaders but what I do is to colour code to identify left and right handles !     Now if you buy two sets you can use a different colour on each handle and have a spare set ! 

Bill

FYI, each set is calibrated to match R/L but there may be *slight* variances between sets - @TAKAKO can make a matched 2 color set upon request. ;)

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying these!

• Like 2

Snagless handle mod complete

I tried creating leaders with some paracord my daughter had lying around. The fit and finish on these Pro Leaders are great. Thanks TK, John, and whomever included the personalized note (complete with a cute drawing that made my daughter say "a-w-w-w"). 

• Like 2

Our pleasure, TK still does all the tying related items like bridles and leaders. :)

large.20190514_184849_Signature(2).jpg.a8e5470b00d3c43c58f64b98ebba0023.jpg

First time out with the Pro Leaders worked out well. I wasn't thinking when I removed the clips from the bridle without replacing them with something to attach my fly lines (and leaving my box of this and that at home). Nothing like creating unnecessary challenges for yourself 🙄

• Like 1