KiteLife Forum

First time out with a HQ Bolero 2 advice

kevmort

Hi guys and girls 

I've just got my wife a HQ bolero 2 and thinking other than trying to get it in the air where is a good place to start ??? 

Is there any tutorials for us to watch ??? 

Kev 

Had to look up the kite... :)

It's your standard beginner affair, should be pretty forgiving and durable in crashes.

One thing that is often overlooked, make sure both lines are the same length, some equalization may be required... Uneven line lengths are about the worst thing you can suffer through without even knowing it.

For starter 2-line tutorials, you might check out Prism Kites or Dodd Gross's Flight School (below) - a few are found on YouTube, and sometimes you can come up with a DVD.

Stalls, tight spins and tricks are likely to be harder with a beginner kite like the Bolero...

Key with a beginner kite like that is to focus on control, picking spots in the sky and flying to/through them, exploring all edges of the window and recoveries while working up toward basic shapes and landings.

2 cents, anyway. :)

Not a worry. :)

Also, make sure she keeps her hands and arms in the "fighter's zone", try to avoid waving arms around... Fists in front of the torso (side by side), one fist forward (toward the kite) one back (away from the kite) to steer, then back to normal - horizontal / vertical movement of the hands does very little for control.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

On 4/1/2016 at 2:05 PM, kevmort said:

a frozen left shoulder

that stinks big time ... I had a frozen shoulder from playing tournament racquetball ... I thought that my right arm paralyze (could not move fraction of an inch) on the next day, then had to stab a pin into my arm and it hurts, good !!! ... not paralyze ... :huh: ... quite scary ... and finally healed after a year passed ... I hope she is not going a long rough time with her frozen shoulder for a whole year ... Arm bicycle machine is a good therapy ... Praying for her fastest recovery :)

Well had a very good first flight with the bolero today she had a good 40 min flight with it but hurt her shoulder not from the kite pull but from snatching the lines when it nose dived like she would of with her power kite so just needs to work on technique and small movements , I even got a good hour with my Rev

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2

Try to get her to remember this saying - GIVE TO THE KITE! If it is gonna crash - let it! Step forward instead and take all the force out of the crash. Easier on both you (her) and the kite!! Better to go out and straighten up things, than to possibly breaking something!!