KiteLife Forum

Rods: The difference ?

DeafThunder

Yeah, I read similar comments about the Diamond vs P100 in a separate forum post.  Since I can't get Greenie replacement rods, I'm curious about the new Diamond rods - I see them on The Kite Shoppe website with the description "Black Diamond shafts are back, and better than ever!"  Does anyone have experience with the new and improved Diamond rods version 2.0?

Lisa, I'm flying a Phoenix Ash for low wind conditions.  Was referring to the Green Label Diamond shafts I have - the ones Revolution seemed to have quality control issues with.

The wind gust that broke my spar today might have been over spec - meaning my fault.  However, I suspect part of the problem traces back to the Green Label spars.

"Greenies" refer to the label used on newer Rev rods. There  is a green band on each end of the silver ID label. These were made with questionable materials, questionable QC, and tend to break in conditions the older rods handled with ease. Some one here flew both types of rods in identical sails - the green label broke, while the others held. The worst seemed to be the diamond and race rods, but the label is on everything now. I understand that they discontinued the 1/4" diamond rods altogether.