KiteLife Forum

Rev Stacking Train Lines

CLTKiter

I have two Rev 1.5's that I stack together with train lines bought from my kite store. The leading edge of the 1.5 is 92", and the train lines, when assembled, come to about 55". That comes out to train lines about 60% of the length of the leading edge.

My questions...

1. Is that the correct length train lines for stacking a Rev 1.5? I assume so, but thought I'd ask others.

2. If stacking Rev II's, does that mean that the train lines should be about 43"?

3. If stacking Rev I's, does that mean the train lines should be about 65"?

4. Now the tough one... If stacking a Rev I, Rev II and Rev 1.5 together, should they be stacked with smallest one (i.e. Rev II) in the front? And if so, what length train lines would be used for each portion of the stack? 43" for between the Rev II and 1.5? Followed by 55" between the Rev 1.5 and I? Or should it be the larger pair of train lines -- 55" between the Rev II and 1.5 and 65" between the 1.5 and I?

This may just be a set of academic questions, but several folks in the WACKOS are thinking of pulling together a stack just like this.

Thanks, Doug

I've heard 2/3 the length of the leading edge is good. Or is it 1/3? Nope, I think 2/3. But I've seen them short and I've seen them long. Experiment and see. I kept my stack lines the same length when I stacked 3 different sizes. No problems. It is all up to you. Good luck.

BB Penny

• 2 weeks later...
Is that the correct length train lines for stacking a Rev 1.5?

I found this Site which sells train lines directly from Revolution & implies that Revolution uses 5' (60") trains. That's pretty damned close to your own guesstimate ;)

So you posted your Q back in March... what are your findings - care to share?

Thx & cheers,

Hey Trav,

Been out of town the passed week. Haven't really found anything additional to what you and Penny mentioned. Haven't had a chance to talk with the WACKOS guys who were looking to do the hybrid stack. Maybe they'll post what they've done.

Thanks for the link.

Doug