KiteLife Forum

Quad tricks I think I created?

audioRob

Missing in the mail. ouch!

But what do you mean you don't like 1.5's? How can you not like 1.5's.?

Indoor. outdoor, dog stake.. quick, slow with a great flow.... How can you not like 1.5's?

Of course, when I'm flying inside, I feel like it's the best place to fly by far.. Then I fly outside and realize this is the best place to fly too...

I hope you get your Rev I back soon. They are durable, but not indestructible. (Words of experience) I'm hard on kites too.. but worth it.

Try your 1.5 again and see if it doesn't stir up some good old feelings. B) I mean really.. how can you not like a 1.5? :)

Best Breezes

Penny

I'm in the same boat as Rob... I understand why most people like it, but the 1.5 doesn't even come close to matching the precision and grace of a Rev 1.

As for durability... I've never blown out any Rev, 1 or otherwise. B)

Shoot, I don't think I've broken more than a dozen rods in 15 years.

It's not as much that I dont like the 1.5, it's that the I is so incredibly superior that the 1.5 just seems like a waste. Ive modded my 1.5 a ton to make it reasonably close, graceful and responsive (rather than fast and twitchy like it is out of the box).

The nylon 1.5's are way nicer, probably my favorite rev. I havent tried a nylon or sedgewick rev I though so id imagine light years better.

I cant wait till john gets here so I can try out one of his B)

You know that is something I don't have is a Rev. I indoor.

I have a Rev. I outdoor. I just haven't flown them in a while. I hold them in much reverence and pull them out about tiwice a year... well, more then that since one is my signature kite.

I'm getting quad handles for the UFO..... I can't wait!

How did you modify your 1.5 to your liking?

BB

Penny

• 2 weeks later...
You know that is something I don't have is a Rev. I indoor.

I have a Rev. I outdoor. I just haven't flown them in a while. I hold them in much reverence and pull them out about tiwice a year... well, more then that since one is my signature kite.

I'm getting quad handles for the UFO..... I can't wait!

How did you modify your 1.5 to your liking?

BB

Penny

Penny, you should check out http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/ We've got a post called "rang thang" that is all about Lee's UFO. It's got somewhere around 15 pages or more of useful information about building your own wands, sails, and quad handles. I'll be making a few here soon. One is going to be a celtic knot ring for my girlfriend, and the other is going to be a mylar version for me. :)

Kewl!!! Thanks, I will go check it out. Lee would probably appreciate it. :clap2: I have so many questions and his email. :D

My daughter showed Sawyer, my 5 yr. old grandson, some video, He said... "That's my grandma, and she's flying my favorite thing!" He's getting a UFO of his own for his birthday. :)

I don't usually go in the kitemakers forum, but this is a necessity. Thanks Fool......uhmmm, Andy is that you?

Best Breezes,

Penny

Penny, you should check out http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/ We've got a post called "rang thang" that is all about Lee's UFO. It's got somewhere around 15 pages or more of useful information about building your own wands, sails, and quad handles. I'll be making a few here soon. One is going to be a celtic knot ring for my girlfriend, and the other is going to be a mylar version for me. :)

Nope, it's Chris. I thought I had my sig up to date since I joined a little while back and have only lurked in the past. I've been meaning to check this forum more often, but haven't had the chance till now.

Here's a direct link to the "rang thang" thread I mentioned in my previous post.

http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1627

Rich from that forum has made a useful web page to help collaborate some of the info. It can be found here:

http://www.thedurants.net/kites/rang.thang/

Hope that helps a bit. :)

Kewl!!! Thanks, I will go check it out. Lee would probably appreciate it. :D I have so many questions and his email. :)

My daughter showed Sawyer, my 5 yr. old grandson, some video, He said... "That's my grandma, and she's flying my favorite thing!" He's getting a UFO of his own for his birthday. :clap2:

I don't usually go in the kitemakers forum, but this is a necessity. Thanks Fool......uhmmm, Andy is that you?

Best Breezes,

Penny

Penny, you should check out http://www.kitebuilder.com/forums/ We've got a post called "rang thang" that is all about Lee's UFO. It's got somewhere around 15 pages or more of useful information about building your own wands, sails, and quad handles. I'll be making a few here soon. One is going to be a celtic knot ring for my girlfriend, and the other is going to be a mylar version for me. B)