KiteLife Forum

"You gotta want it, YOU GOTTA WANT IT!"

Mike Klaiber

A fellow I recently met kept saying "you gotta want it", so today, with my new Zen, I worked on recovering that 50' and gliding! I wanted it enough to get it but whew! It's thick out here on the east coast. Thanks Paul for making me see the work pays off!

IMG_1470589220.023105.thumb.jpg.7cc3a53f

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2

I almost went to Dorey Today for the RAF First Sunday Fly but decided to stay local instead.. Same "non-winds" down here on the peninsula.

I Don't have a Zen but have a few sails for light conditions.. Still working through some of the advice that Paul sent my way that day as well..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, makatakam said:

Find out everything LeMasters knows and you will know everything.

Reminds me of the old joke.  "He knows everything that can be known. I know the rest."

He's definitely a resource you can learn from..and doesn't mind sharing the knowledge.

Big personality with skills, reminds me of some brain surgeons I know. Lots of "personality" but I want them in my corner and on my team. Being a new quad flyer and limited to rev flyers around my area I have to say I like the LeMasters strut while flying. I watch JB sometimes and am worn out. I also know that wind speed and type of flyer they are has a lot to do with it. I am looking forward to working with JB in Sept and learning some new technique to mimic and slowly develop my own funky chicken to bring to the party.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wayne Dowler said:

Sorry - but I've flown with Paul and for sure very talented - but to say he knows it all might be stretching it some! That's what I love about the Rev game - it's a never ending learning experience!

He doesn't know everything .. Granted..

He Knows more than me and is willing to share .. Big Plus

That's good enough for me..

We're actually in agreement, if you ever stop learning, there's no reason to teach or share.. Someone that knows EVERYTHING, actually knows nothing..As advanced as the top fliers are, I'd almost guarantee they learn new things regularly. There's no other way to stay in the top of the field without doing so.

@Paul LaMasters Thank you so much for the pointers at ODSKC 16.

• Like 1