KiteLife Forum

New Rev

ShaneR

I went to San Diego this weekend and I saw a new toy Revolution is putting out.   It is a 1.5 Reflex.   I was probably the third person to put eyes on it.   Joe brought it out to test it out as it had never been flown before.   Looked very locked in and performed great.   Also I understand all frames are interchangeable with other 1.5 Revs.   Love this company!  I also understand it will be at Longbeach.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShaneR said:

Also I understand all frames are interchangeable with other 1.5 Revs.   

image.jpeg

At the Portsmouth International Kite Festival this past weekend we did a physical comparison between a Rev1, a Reflex and a 1.5.

The Reflex sits in between the two at about the mid point in span,  therefore the leading edge rod set is longer that the 1.5,s and shorter than than the Rev 1 set, the vertical rods have the springs fitted but I must admit we did not look at the length of them !

Bill

Ok. Maybe I was not clear.

The NEW REFLEX is a 1.5 which is not in production so no one has been able to measure it with any thing. There will now be two Reflex's one being the normal size every one has seen and the new one which no one has seen is a 1.5, for people that like the 1.5 size.

Back to your normal programming.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

1 hour ago, ShaneR said:

Ok. Maybe I was not clear.

The NEW REFLEX is a 1.5 which is not in production so no one has been able to measure it with any thing. There will now be two Reflex's one being the normal size every one has seen and the new one which no one has seen is a 1.5, for people that like the 1.5 size.

Back to your normal programming.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Hi Shane,

Point taken, This is first I have heard of a new 1.5 size Reflex !

Back to your normal programming, as you say !

Bill.

The new prototype has been a topic for discussion among the Reflex threads here for a few days now.. Thank you for providing a picture.. Resizing it to the 1.5 does mix it nicely with the other Rev 1.5's and resolves the biggest issue pointed out by several reviewers, BUT also removes some of what made the Reflex unique in the lineup. It's "another" Rev now...  I'll be interested in flying one but I won't be in line to purchase this particular Reflex.

IMO and my OPINION only Rev may be exploring filling the vacuum left in their lineup by the end of the B-Series. The timing of this kite is consistent with the feedback from the original Reflex and also curiously aligned with the  @John Barresi announcement which you haven't seen on the Rev Site yet.. 

• Like 1

Well, I for one happen to love my Reflex. It flies in little to no wind. Flew it on 15" handles with 120's last night in under 5mph winds, and it flew like a dream. I can see an added benefit of being able to use the other frames we have already.

Sent from my SM-G900V using KiteLife mobile app

2 minutes ago, RaginCajun said:

Wondering if any venting options are slated for any of the Reflex lineup.

Sent from my SM-G900V using KiteLife mobile app

According to Lolly, Yes, they are planning a vented version.. At the time of the conversation though, this particular kites wasn't discussed..

• Like 1