KiteLife Forum

Special Situation

podenbeck

Hello all!

I have realized that I have a special situation that most would drool over and should probably take advantage of it.  My day job is at Mystery Ranch backpacks and I have access to just about everything needed to build kites especially the most expensive things.  I probably should take advantage of this opportunity...

I was wondering if there are any digital patterns out there for dual line framed kites?  Like optitecs files etc?  Or are their just hand patterns?

It looks like everyone uses a zig zag stich which is smart.  Has anyone made any Cuben fiber kites?  What fabric characteristics should I be looking for?  Did you also glue the seams?  Where do you get all of the fittings for the carbon rod?

• Like 1

A very fortunate situation, I would call it!

True, kitebuilder.com is a good resource, but not so much for dualline. For those there are better. I'm currently in the process of building my second dualline. Start with a website called Tom's kite building site, where you'll find a lot of those questions answered.

PM me for more websites.

Good luck!

• Like 1