KiteLife Forum

Try not to step on toes

:rolleyes: Hello Penny (I have learned my lesson, you had to be there) no I did not make Worden this year but it is in my plans soon.

Sure hope you are wrong about Dan Prentice ... if it is true is that why the American Kite mag went down? I know that Mel Govig passed away and that Kite Lines ended shortly after, what is Val doing?

I am going to have to subscribe to Kite Life just to stay in good standing on this site with all this talk about other mags. :lol:

As I understand it, the only printed magazine left in the USA is "Kiting" from the AKA.

I hadn't heard anything about Prentice dying, or Prentice anything for that matter... He stepped out of the kiting scene sometime in 1997 or 1998, at least that's when AKM went down for the count.

When SKQ stopped in 1993, I seem to recall KiteLines being the ones who picked up their old subscribers... Helping the SKQ owners out of a pinch.

Of course there are dozens of power kiting magazine both on line and off, but the mags as we know them seem to be all but gone.

I know Gillard plans on keeping Kiting Magazine around though, as do I with Kitelife. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

:) John: I just went to "Subscribe", do I understand this right, to get started I have to sign up with Pay Pal, I can not run it through my Visa bank card? I understand simplifying things by going through just Pay Pal but am I correct?? :rolleyes:

Well, as I understand it PayPal will draw the money from your credit card... The actual fees they'd charge me for running credit cards directly was not cost effective, and I've had nothing but good luck with PayPal... Either the customer or myself can also cancel subscriptions at any time through the PayPal site.

As I think you know, PayPal does not charge anything for using it to buy things... Only if you are receiving payments via them.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :lol:

You lost me (an easy thing to do), who is Gillard? What about Govig, is Val compleatly out of kiting and Kite Lines? :rolleyes:

Mike Gillard was the owner/editor of Kitelife until January of 2003 when I took over as editor, then in August of 2003 I became the owner.

Shortly before that, he became the editor for AKA's Kiting Magazine.

Gillard and I were on Captain Eddie's Flying Circus sport kite team together in 1996 and 1997, we went all the way to the national championship and World Cup.

KiteLines is non-existant as a magazine... And I've heard of a lot of people not even getting replies through the KiteLine Book Store... So, who knows?

• Like 1

:rolleyes: Thanks for the information John. I did not know that Pay Pal just acts as a middle man for moving funds, I thought as maybe some other people do that "I don't want another credit card and those fees". If I am just moving money through them by way of my card that makes things just fine.

Can you tell me what are your advertizing fees and what do you need? Where do I send pictures and all that good stuff? As yet I am not set up with a web site, I'm waiting on my son-in-law who knows what he is doing unlike me, I just push the keys on my key board and shove my mouse around and hope for the best :lol:

Advertising rates are at the link below... For example, Into the Wind has "Platinum" advertising with full exposure throughout the site... One World Kites has the "Silver" package with ads only on the main page of each issue and the links page.

http://www.kitelife.com/promotion/promote2web.htm

Web hosting is a different story, with it's own rates:

http://www.kitelife.com/hosting

I love questions, so don't hesitate to ask any! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Advertising rates, web posting rates? I am a simple kinda fella (no remarks there Llama feller), web posting is where I go through you to set up my web site? I think I understand advertizing rates being seperate, I think! Penny come help me.

Wanna buy a kite in exchange for help, Llamaguy has a pretty blue one I will sell you CHEAP! :lol:

I am a simple kinda fella (no remarks there Llama feller),

nah... that was too easy! :rolleyes:

Wanna buy a kite in exchange for help, Llamaguy has a pretty blue one I will sell you CHEAP!

what's my commission?

-Carl

Now we know.. Carl is a nice guy. :rolleyes:

Rick.. your asking me for help.. :) that would be theblind leading the blind. I know nothing of web pages, but I do hope to have one in the near future.

I can see into the future and I seeeeeeeeee Rick's web page! Wow, pictures of beautiful cody's he's made. oh my... a picture of a mass ascension of cody's! Wow we've got to join in on that! oh.. is that.... is that..... Carl? Being lifted off the ground with cody's attached to all his limbs? and yes... that is Lisa with arms streched out to him. Hmmm did she push him off or reach out to pull him back? I guess only time will tell. :lol:

Ok Rick I hope my powers have helped in some small way. :P

BB Penny

Now we know.. Carl is a nice guy. 

Stop that. It is not nice to spread rumors! If this gets out, that means I have spent the last 40+ years building my reputation as an (un-nice word) for nothing!

Hummph! :rolleyes:

-Carl (is apparently going to finish last)

:rolleyes: Penny it may be the blind leading the blind but there is also safety in numbers, and I am not sure I feel safe out here alone.

You guys all have me turning red in the face with this talk about my Codys, they are pretty nice but .....

I do still want to try hanging Llama feller out to dry though, it does sound like some kind of fun, if we use a Cody as the lifter and a Rev as the spin dry kite what do you think will happen, would we have a Llama feller that walks side ways :lol:

• 3 months later...
:sq-upsidedown: hey Penny how is it going getting that web site up and running? From what I saw at Lincoln City you can do nothing but gain from having a site, do it! I would either be talking to John or the Llamafeller about taking care of it for you (they do pretty darn good work, GEEEEEZ, PLEASE GOD DON'T LET THEM SEE THIS) :sq-upsidedown:

:sq-upsidedown::sq-upsidedown::D:w00t::lol:

Seriously though, do a search on penny lingenfelter kite on any of the major search engines... Her name comes up a lot... But try and find a contact for her!

Suppose I was a rich French festival organizer that heard about her and wanted to make an invitation overseas? I would be SOL... Kitelife helps me in this area quite a bit, plus it gives a place for the "fans" (hecklers in my case) a place to go and get the latest news.

:blushing: Hey Penny! What I really think they are trying to tell you is you need to spring for the web site, you could put that tater costume on there and just knock em dead with a pole asking "What is this?" GO FOR IT PENNY, we are all behind you, it is much safer there than in front of you, you never know when that egg might hatch and who knows what comes out! DO IT! :blushing: Who knows when we might do another festival here in Florence next year and might want to know where we can find a good tater sack

Looks closely.... ok its clearly an egg... I see that now.. *coughs*.. hides catsup under table.. Sorry about that tater.. i mean Penny. :blushing::blushing:

The sun was in my eyes.. the trilby stack made me giddy... ummmm I usually wear glasses???

help.... lol. ok its now wed night... and i am still tryin to get to go to brookings... sheeesh just cant keep my feet on the ground.. or I just dont want to... lol...

If i dont make it.. great flying to all of you... my head will be there anyway.. sighs

hugs

trilbymousie <:3_)~~~~~

I will be in Brookings... :blushing:

Do you plan on putting any video on line? (I imagine so)

If this is the case, or if you're going to do large amount of photos, I would recommend the Gold Plan...

Otherwise, if you just want a few pages with some photos and graphics, the Basic Plan would be sufficient.

I recommend yearly, particularly when paying by check... You get two months for free, and both packages are very reasonable as it is.