KiteLife Forum

Buggy time

Penny Lingenfelter

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunset Beach Bum Buggiers rule the road at the edge of the sea. Buggy On!

I feel the need for speed. The plan is to run down to Wesport and visit w/friends on route maybe to Sunset. It would be the place to play with buggiers. If I don't make it down that far, just know I'm buggying further North. BB Penny ~With the Super Blast ready to go.

i hear ya i want to get out to the lake beds in navada it would be a change

Ahh, you know the weather liars said 10-15 mph in Astoria for last weekend. One friend was on the phone with me as I was headed toward the ocean and they were leaving it. She said, You won't be able to buggy, it is blowing to hard! It's chasing and breaking wind." that's ok. I have a small Sky Tiger and could use my Super Blast in the AM before the winds picked up. They never did pick up. I don't think they were above 2mp. It was strong enough to play with the Super Blast, but not to buggy with.

At one point I was throwing a fit flailing my arms and hollering.. I want wind. Jim pointed out if I threw myself on the ground and put my feet in motion too, the wind Gods would listen... uhmmm.. It didn't happen. :confused!: The next day was no better.

I did get a good visit in w/friends and some fly time. Managed to show a few people how they fly. One girl about 16 jumped up and down beaming at her friend. When I said, "Guaranteed to get you up in the air and you are in control, not the wind." She chimed in, "She's NOT kidding!" They didn't get to stay long enough, but Chuck has a Rev., so I'm sure we'll see them again.

At Westport on Sunday I was tempted to pull the buggy off, if there was wind. The ranger did me a favor by stopping by and suggesting I take it down south if I wanted to buggy. Glad he stopped by. I was uncertain if I'd get a warning or a ticket. It stayed on the van.

I met someone on the beach briefly who was selling weights. He would have liked my opinion, but I really had none, as I don't use them.

Well, off to work I go.. leaving the buggy on my van in case I sneak down to Sunset from the festival next weekend... Hey, it could happen. BB Penny~Who wasn't sore enough from the weekend.

Sunset Beach Bum Buggiers rule the road at the edge of the sea. Buggy On!

I feel the need for speed. The plan is to run down to Wesport and visit w/friends on route maybe to Sunset. It would be the place to play with buggiers. If I don't make it down that far, just know I'm buggying further North. BB Penny ~With the Super Blast ready to go.

i hear ya i want to get out to the lake beds in navada it would be a change

Once more.. I lugged my Peter Lynn buggy down to the beach. Stopped by and said hello to the kite makers at the Westport Kite Festival and found kites to oooh and ahh at while I was there. Then I realized how late I was and drove past the competition field on my way to the end of the fields to meet up with friends. We spent the weekend together, Kiteflying, catching up, barbecuing, and getting together w/more friends. Wesport and I do go way back, but so do my friends I met up with.

It was a beautiful, sunny weekend at the Ocean.. Hey, here in the N.W. we don't get as many sunny days at the ocean as you might think.

I dragged a few friends down to the end of the beach to buggy.. Winds were light, but coming back, so we rode 10 minutes down the beach. only to find.. NO WIND again! Oh, I was frustrated.

Uncle! I have no choice. I took my buggy off of the van and hung it till Aug. The next 3-4 weekends are booked up, so it may not come out till Long Beach. Sorry, I missed the competitors. Sorry, I missed some people looking for me. I was there.. Sometimes you just have to know where to look. :kid_brooding:

I flew my red/white spiral painted Rev. 1.5 w/ long sparkling silver tails. I'm luvin the graphics on the kite. They look great in the sky. They will look even better w/ two or more.

Well, off to work I go. Brookings this weekend. Woo Hoo! This is a great festival, because the audience AND the kitefliers are close together.. You won't be able to miss me there.. I'll be the one in the cat suit. :)

BB Penny

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All,

just checking in the buggying is going great here in Florida. The tires are doing a lot of digging in the packed sand next to the ocean. It's starting to get real hot in the day time and we have our first hurricane out in the ocean.

Keep you all updated!

Ronnie

So there you are. Glad to see you are still out there.

Florida sounds good. I'm packing my buggy tonight. Headed to Long Beach on Sat. and Sunset sometime before Monday probably. The wind has been feast or famine here. High winds or no winds.. Pray for any wind for us! BB Penny

Hey All,

just checking in the buggying is going great here in Florida. The tires are doing a lot of digging in the packed sand next to the ocean. It's starting to get real hot in the day time and we have our first hurricane out in the ocean.

Keep you all updated!

Ronnie

• 4 weeks later...

Now we're talking. We had the SOBB last weekend. Finally wind!!

It was a great turn out of old friends and new buggiers. Our architechts, pilots, supervisors etc. made a tarp tent at the farm. A tarp tent city that any 5 year old would be proud of. lol Hey, it did sprinkle once... we might have needed it.

Winds started out light.. and picked up quick. My SuperBlast was fun, then I was overpowered twice and tuned down the power to my small sky tiger. I put it in the bag and it flew great.. took it out and yuk! Something was wrong with it. Gordy thought it was probably the stretchy bridle. I thought it was line, since it flew so good prior to being bagged.

Sure enough I found my lines were missing a loop of about 4 inches on one side.

Wa la! problem fixed. Thanks for the help Gordy!

Now, My Superblast was flying fine...on the same lines with 4 inches shorter on one. It's amazing how we can compensate for the difference. I didn't notice it flying bad, it would have been better though if they were even.

Sunset Beach Bum Buggiers still rule the road at the edge of the Sea... Buggy on!

Eli, Gabe, friends of friends, John and Lynn Maddeson, Lorna and Phil, new kids on the block Stacy and I think Ken? Of course John and Jay Ellis were there. Those trouble makers Jeannette Mandanas and David Jam were there, pushing duck farts (kulah, vodka, etc. on everyone! Oh.. those trouble makers! lol It was so good to see them. Duck and Paul were there, Ann, Brittany, Mike, Gerald, Donna, and so many more. This was the weekend I was waiting for. Pull out some kites and fly, and have a great get together at camp. I wanna do it again! BB Penny