KiteLife Forum

Europe - UK Flyers

kevmort

Hi guys and girls , to all you uk flyers out there come say hi in this thread and tell me what you fly and where you are let's see if we can get some flyers together to share the fun 😊😊 

I fly a rev exp , a HQ Balero 2 and a HQ Beamer mk4 5 meter 

I fly in the Cotswald's and visit Bournemouth and Poole 

so so who is out there and wants to say hi ??

kev 

Checked in:

• Like 2
  • Like 1

hello jaydub200 that's nice to hear and I miss my sailing days from when I lived in Bournemouth, I had a 27 foot ballerina sloop moored in Poole harbour

JWarton I have too but between work and family I don't get much time to fly sadly

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

• 7 months later...

Hello Kevmort or anyone else close enough,

This is a long shot, but if you now happen to be any where near Sidmouth (Devon, UK), possibly on vacation, I'm here for a week more (ending early July 2017). I brought a decent sub set of my kites (mostly duals, but also my new first framed quad (and yes I'm really a rookie here)). I don't have a car, but could imagine going by bus for an hour or so if someone happens to know "the perfect field". I'll be in Sidmouth and be able to do kiting until Thursday 6th of July (or possibly parts of Friday the 7th as well).

How is Sidmouth as a kiting area? - well OK if the wind got any south component in it, ie coming in from the sea. Surprisingly quite low winds, so so far I've mostly been using the HQ Shadow mostly. Otherwise it is cow dependant, i.e. which pasture they happen to be in, which can lead to long walks if you are determined to do kiting. If the tide is in the remaining part of the beaches consists of sorted round pebbles typically in the range 2-7cm. Most places they slope rather much.

Hi @JWarton that sounds like a good idea I know of one other that lives not so far away too and we have some good flying spots close by , I've got a Facebook page if you would like to pop in and say hi , not had time to do much on there for a while but your more than welcome to join it look up "more lines 2 freedom "

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello again, it is this time of the year again and I’ll be back in Sidmouth, UK. OK it is another long shot, but I feel silly if I at least don’t try as I did last year ( https://kitelife.com/forum/topic/7529-europe-uk-flyers/?do=findComment&comment=65139 ).

Posted in KL and FA:

I’ll be in Sidmouth (in the SE part of Devon, UK) for two weeks starting Sunday 22nd of July. If anyone would happen to be in the area and/or know a good field within an hours bus trip from there (I have no access to a car during the period) and like to share the sky and kite knowledge, please let me know. I have done a fair amount of kite practice there on previous visits, but access to beaches/fields is a bit wind, people, tide and cow dependent, especially when not using short lines. But hey, it is a beautiful village/surroundings. And nope, I’ll miss out (going home when it starts) on the nearby Exmouth kite festival.

For some years I have been doing DLKs (yes (with a decent success rate): axels, landings, card flips, sleeping beauty (if the ground and wind is OK), 540, axel cascade, lazy susans, FA to fade…; learning: flick flacks; no (way José): comets, back spins, taz machine…). A year ago I started with Revs and have for the last year (winter and summer) been doing Revs (B-series “no”/mid/full vent and recently a Rev Indoor) 75% of the time (and Smithi Pro quad). The reason for the large share of the Rev was to be prepared for NKM ( http://kites.aerialis.no/memories-from-the-nkm18/ ) and now because I’m going to the John Barresi Danish quad clinic in Copenhagen in September.

• Like 1

Hi Kevmort and other Fellow European Flyers.

Newbie Kite flyer from Plymouth, Devon. Own a decent lead kite Peter Powell since March 2019, a HQ 1.8 foil for the kid, recently sold a Radsails 2.4 Quad and a Skydog Freebird. Though looking to replace the Quad foil with something else. Purchased a Pulse Quad based on the B series Classic and sold it after 3 flights. Currently awaiting  a custom Rev Reflex RX due possibly end of this month. Fly in my local playing fields and occasionally Bantham Beach. Attended Westward Ho's first kite festival this year as was local.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Kev and other UK members.

Late on the scene with this one but it's great seeing how far JW has come from only a short while ago.

I live in Lydney, Gloucestershire on the edge of the Forest of Dean and have recently started flying in a small field close to the River Severn that seems to offer smoother winds than other locations around my town.

Happy to fly anything but enjoying my Rev 1.5 and XE almost too much.

Just need more time to fly like a lot of others.

Pete

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi higgo 

this is a funny old time at the moment may I suggest you look up the northern kite group great bunch and very helpful I think there the closest to you I believe 

in the mean time if you watch quad flying try and watch the flyers hands 

I too started with power kites then moved to quads and duels 😊 

• 1 month later...