KiteLife Forum

More October Flying... Skyburner XXL.

RobB

Still looking for some footage to use for the Virtual Freestyle contest... I thought it would be fun to try using the BIG kite. It's a lot of fun to fly, but too much work to trick fast for very long. Not to mention, it's hard to keep in the frame, and the enormous amounts of slack needed for tricks quickly puts the kite & pilot too far away from the camera. It's the right kite for fun, but maybe not for VF.

Oh, and the October weather... 68* and sunny ? I'll take it ! 

#KiteSeason

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

@RobB you have made up your mind, you have made a decision, you have parked the kite in a fade, you have made a new home for the kite that it won't leave except when doing a trick(-sequence)! The belly landing and fade launch (at 2:48) are smooth, light and slow - no unnecessary input. At 4:03 there is a half lazy Susan to fade transition. Hm... I thought that is perhaps something to try to learn to use if getting stuck in a turtle. Then I realised you were doing the Jacob's ladder...

Yes,... I was feelin' the fade that day. That thing at 2:48 ? It was a tip wrap ! The XXL has little battens on the wingtips that catch the lines sometimes. I wish I could claim that as a trick, but I don't think I could do it again if I tried ! ...just fly away like you meant to do it... yeah, it's a trick...

:rolleyes:

• Like 1