KiteLife Forum

Corolla Quad Clinic (Apr 8-9, 2017)

John Barresi

41 minutes ago, riffclown said:

Really wish I could have made it but life had other plans.. Hope to fly with you all again real soon..

I too wish I had been there.  Would have been a rare chance to meet many people from KiteLife only a hundred miles from my home.  I spent a very taxing day at the accounting office while the wind blew quite nicely whooshing down main street in our little town.  Wish they could somehow have the festival a bit later after tax season.  Sigh.  Maybe the calendar will fall a little my way next year.  If so, I will show up driving my avatar pulling the kite trailer.   SHBKF

large.57a912062e279_kitehauler.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, John Barresi said:

Just wish the wind had been better for a Corolla crew team fly!

Did end up with about an hour of pretty good wind after the rain and thunder passed, but almost everyone had already left.

I'm rendering the video now from where we flew at the point.. pic in pic aspect. head cam footage and ground footage from below the kites...

57 minutes ago, SHBKF said:

I too wish I had been there.  Would have been a rare chance to meet many people from KiteLife only a hundred miles from my home.  I spent a very taxing day at the accounting office while the wind blew quite nicely whooshing down main street in our little town.  Wish they could somehow have the festival a bit later after tax season.  Sigh.  Maybe the calendar will fall a little my way next year.  If so, I will show up driving my avatar pulling the kite trailer.   SHBKF

large.57a912062e279_kitehauler.jpg

You should specialize in late tax returns. No sweat until August (?) I believe. That way you could fly during kite month.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for a great Virginia kiting weekend.  It was wonderful for my family to get a view of what I have been up to... seeing the team flying (not matter how bumpy looking) really helped them understand and buy into my enthusiasm in a new way.  I still think balancing family and kite time will be an ever challenging act of focus for me, but all of the friendly inclusion that the kiters at Blue Ridge and Buena Vista extended to my family will surely make it smoother going.

If you are interested, here is a link to the local news coverage of Buena Vista's event:

http://www.virginiafirst.com/news/good-news/buena-vista-hosts-first-kite-festival/692905270

Now, off to pay attention to the rest of life that have neglected for two weeks. :)

• Like 3

I posted this on JB's page but wanted you all to see and know I appreciate the great time spent with each of you! Let's do this again and again!

I believe I can speak on behalf of the Corolla Fan Flyers, we can not thank you and Scott enough for all of the skilled participation in our learning curves, the many laughs, cartons of ice cream, advise on purchases, hours of discussion on kites and the human condition. Y'all made our trip a reality and easily fit into our diverse kiting families.

The fun of flying over numerous days and the feeling of many accomplishments as an individual and a team were amazing! Relaxing, intense, challenging, fun and feeling the pitter patter of my heart wanting to jump from my chest were all experiences myself and others commented on enjoying. Seeing others from the group grow as flyers and be inspired. Wanting all the best for everyone to do better - even when being or taking someone out and when we thought it was done, being at events and getting more air time was a bonus for us all.

I would also like the thank Lynn and Bill for setting up a fantastic base camp in so many ways. We MUST do this again and again.

The many new friends and faces from so many places will be burned in our memories. Thank you all!

Personally I would like to thank you for the hours of conversation on kiting but more on the human experiences you have participated. My family enjoyed meeting you and Shelby has spoke several times on your passion and love of kites and life. Thank you for being understanding and flexible with our families needs.

A heartfelt thank you to TK and Luca for allowing you to be away during such a challenging time in your lives too

With love and a lifelong friendship, many thanks ☮️

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 6

• 7 months later...

Much as I enjoyed my time with everyone at Blue Ridge, I probably won’t put it on my schedule next time - next trip will probably just be clinics, but possibly two, back to back - maybe general quad, then all quad team, or dual skills? Thoughts? Desires?

It is about time to start planning, been chatting a bit with @riffclown already. :)

Cool, I'm getting some remote support from both Lam and Antonis.   One of the nicer things about buying kites from such accomplished flyers as well as kite makers.   So my dualie skills are getting better.   If his Bumship comes up too, maybe he can help me some on the side.

• Like 1