KiteLife Forum

Colored lines.....

You are only dealing with 10' lines more or less, tangles should be a minor inconvenience at that length. Seeing the lines is secondary to seeing what the kite is doing. Don't throw the baby out in the bathwater! If you can, watch JB's tutorials - taught me almost everything I know about indoor flying! What your kite is doing is way more important than seeing the lines!! Believe me!!

• Like 2

You are only dealing with 10' lines more or less, tangles should be a minor inconvenience at that length. Seeing the lines is secondary to seeing what the kite is doing. Don't throw the baby out in the bathwater! If you can, watch JB's tutorials - taught me almost everything I know about indoor flying! What your kite is doing is way more important than seeing the lines!! Believe me!!

Oh I keep watching, not so much seeing them while I fly just that they are sooooooo tiny. They seem to tangle almost every outing, I should get outdoor reading glasses

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

2 hours ago, Joe Eyman said:

Oh I keep watching, not so much seeing them while I fly just that they are sooooooo tiny. They seem to tangle almost every outing, I should get outdoor reading glasses emoji12.pngemoji41.png

Like Wayne said, on 10ft lines you should have really ZERO tangles, but like we always say in kiting, whatever works best for you is what is best for you. We all have our own way of doing the same task.

• Like 1

Avoiding tangles also gets a lot easier if you focus on ways to have your lines fall / lay in a "U" between you and the kite, and always always make sure they are in a "U" if you're moving to another area between flights - soon as lines double back on themselves, or pile up, chances for problems increase.

• Like 4

Avoiding tangles also gets a lot easier if you focus on ways to have your lines fall / lay in a "U" between you and the kite, and always always make sure they are in a "U" if you're moving to another area between flights - soon as lines double back on themselves, or pile up, chances for problems increase.

I get it ,
I stake them proper . Every time they touch the ground. Mine is the hands. I've considered Velcro on gloves and handles. Even super glue ! That's where my problem is, sometimes I'm flying and completely lost in flying and then the kite does something weird , and I see a handle scooting on the ground.....
The more I fly the better they're getting, the hands.
Best therapy in the world for me.

• Like 2

Joe - do you still have good feeling in them? Holding handles loosely is a good thing. Increases your touch with them. You don't want to "strangle" them, but hold them like you would a baby bird!

Old saying on indoors - if you aren't losing a handle once in a while, you're probably holding them too tight!!

• Like 1

Joe - do you still have good feeling in them? Holding handles loosely is a good thing. Increases your touch with them. You don't want to "strangle" them, but hold them like you would a baby bird!
Old saying on indoors - if you aren't losing a handle once in a while, you're probably holding them too tight!!

Feeling slowly coming back, injury made it numb in places for quite a bit

• Like 1