KiteLife Forum

Winter[emoji107]

Mikelp3586

What are you talking about ? You don't fly in the winter ??? You're missing out on wide open fields & great wind. I rarely fly in the summer, too crowded & too hot ! And the wind sucks in the summer for the most part, too...

P1070302.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 8:55 PM, Mikelp3586 said:

Not sure why I always torture myself and buy new kites in the winter. Forced to stare at them for 3 months lol

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

Okay, so I'm not the only one! Ordered a custom Mirage stack awhile back. And while I'm not forced to stare at them without flying them (yet!) the waiting sucks still!

20 hours ago, RobB said:

What are you talking about ? You don't fly in the winter ??? You're missing out on wide open fields & great wind. I rarely fly in the summer, too crowded & too hot ! And the wind sucks in the summer for the most part, too...

P1070302.jpg

Rob, I'd love to fly in the winter! But the legs don't work so well even in warm weather, even less in the cold. I'm a fair weather flyer and a cold weather wannabe flyer!

3 hours ago, Tim P. said:

Rob, I'd love to fly in the winter! But the legs don't work so well even in warm weather, even less in the cold. I'm a fair weather flyer and a cold weather wannabe flyer!

Sounds like you need some 4 line kites, you can fly those while sitting if you want. I get it, as the years pass, I enjoy the cold less, especially the wet cold that we have here. Numerous injuries over the last 20+ years are great for telling when there's a change in the weather. I'm quickly closing in on 50, and the body just won't let me stay out there all day anymore. An hour or two is all it takes to get a fix, though.

When I go out for a fly on snowy days, I wear my full snowboarding gear, and usually end up dropping layers. That's the key to enjoying the winter, having good gear. I think I've heard that somewhere here before... Paul ?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Oh, I have and love my quads too, but I'm still partial to flailing around on my duals. And while I'm only going to be 57 at the end of March, I was always told it's the mileage not the age that makes the difference. I was rode hard and put away wet for a long time! :lol:

If I could just get someone to put some grease fittings on my knees and ankles...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, makatakam said:

Yeah, and city miles versus highway makes a difference too.

2 hours ago, riffclown said:

Where you live is also a factor.

The City is about 50 miles from where I live. I work there 2-3 days a week. Takes ~3 hours to get home. A city mile is definitely longer...

Maybe not where you guys were going with that ?