KiteLife Forum

B-Series ... Reflex ... B-flex

kwmf

Based on the attached screenshot I guess the B-series didn't go away - it just got renamed, had springs added and a NYM leading edge put on..

Seeing as how you can get this without the springs (according to stated info) I guess if you just change a leading edge then it's a different kite. I'm sure that is fantastic news / precedent to certain questionable factories (and private builders) out there.

B-Flex.jpg

despite the politics,......

the new Classic 1.5 Reflex is an excellent kite, worthy of your attention, funds and time applied to mastery of it's flight dynamics.

How many of us HATED the indoor when it came out?

How many of us REFUSED to fly that little 1.5 format (trying to creat a better following than the original Rev One had)?

4 hours ago, kwmf said:

But don't call it a B-series ... they don't make those anymore :huh:

It's the not-a-B-series

There are several names for it..

B-Flex

B-Cause they can 

B-Tray,, 

The company that's shouted the loudest about copies to avoid paying the originators is now guilty of copying themselves, too and for the same reason. How sad...

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, riffclown said:

There are several names for it..

B-Flex

B-Cause they can 

B-Tray,, 

The company that's shouted the loudest about copies to avoid paying the originators is now guilty of copying themselves, too and for the same reason. How sad...

So, they are guilty of copying themselves? I don't get it. Didn't Revolution Kites make the B-Series? I thought the B-Pros were a modified and improved B-Series made for the "pro" market by someone licensed by Revolution Kites to manufacture them. Did the designer(s) of the B-Series license Revolution Kites to produce their patented version of the kite? I don't know for sure what the arrangement among the parties was, but if someone actually said, "hey, this is the way it was", it would sure be a lot easier to understand who owes what to whom.

And, actually, "B-Flex" is rather catchy.

I've talked about my  handle setup quite a bit, and now, I've finally gotten around to taking photos and posting them. I use extensions that attach to the handles and loop the leaders to the extensions. The extra length gives me something to grab that won't cut my hand or fingers when doing catch and throw. This is one of the earlier versions; the newer ones have extensions about three times as long, and the leaders have 3 or 4 more knots for use with other quads, mostly home-made, that require different settings than a Rev, bringing the maximum usable differential to about 9.5 inches. These are 13-inch.

IMG_1389.JPGIMG_1391.JPG

14 minutes ago, riffclown said:

The B stood for Barresi signature Series.. They took his name off and kept everything else.. I was under the impression is was his panel layout.. @John Barresi is probably the only one who knows for sure.

The "Barresi" panel layout is John's(?) design in collaboration with Bazzer Poulter and other members of i-Quad? I would really like to know who to blame its true origins.

Per the Revolution Website of old..

Based on the original Rev 1.5 design, the John Barresi Signature Series is the ideal choice for any hard core precision or competition flier... After 17 years of competition and nine national quad line championships, John has utilized a number of modifications and features which make this a true high performance package.

The sail is paneled with two specific goals in mind...

1. The grey panels are replaced with screen for the vented model, keeping your vented and standard kites aesthetically similar.

2. As the standard sail stretches over time, the grey panels will actually begin to channel wind vertically, increasing precision.

To keep you competitive, the B-Series comes with two frames... One 2-wrap (SUL) and one 3-wrap (UL), giving you the versatility of being able to switch your frames based on the current wind, and you can also slide your SUL leading edge rods in parallel with the UL leading edge when the wind is up, effectively doubling your leading edge strength.

The B-Series handles are 13" long, and come with a pre-tied adjustment knot system which enables you to increase or decrease the reverse control.

Last but not least, the B-Series also comes with a weight kit... Two 2 gram lead weights fit neatly into the end of your spars, and are secured with a short tail.

Wind Range:

3-10 mph (2 wrap frame)

4-16 mph (3 wrap frame)

6-20 mph (3 wrap frame w/2 wrap LE added)

Wing Span: 91"

Frame(s): 2-wrap 1/4" and 3-wrap 1/4" spars

Styx tried to write Dennis DeYoung out of their history too.. Without him, they are just a cover band..

• Like 2

the reflex 1.5 and their newest "classic" model come with 1/4 inch Green Race rods

Almost everybody got paid for their past contributions, some in coin, some in kite and linesets, some in recognition

Bazzer and Freidlein latest efforts also remarkably resemble the B-series panel layout.  Surely that surprises none of us.

We saw knocked-off Shook Mesh kites at SPI too.

17 hours ago, Paul LaMasters said:

Bazzer and Freidlein latest efforts also remarkably resemble the B-series panel layout.  Surely that surprises none of us.

No wonder I never took art - I clearly cannot tell that varied quadrilaterals and triangles are the same as an (almost) square grid.

• Like 1

Based on the attached screenshot I guess the B-series didn't go away - it just got renamed, had springs added and a NYM leading edge put on..
Seeing as how you can get this without the springs (according to stated info) I guess if you just change a leading edge then it's a different kite. I'm sure that is fantastic news / precedent to certain questionable factories (and private builders) out there.
B-Flex.jpg

Pretty snazzy to fill in the void the B-Series left with a B-Series clone.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app
  • Like 1