- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 searching

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:11 AM

I'm looking for a unique miniature or micro kite to have mounted in a memory box for my son. He was 24 and died on December 17 2005 in a single car accident. He loved to fly kites. I think the symbolism would also be appropriate for this box. It is actually a convex frame that will hold some flowers from the funeral,the funeral card a picture of him,and a poem. I loved the mini or micro kites I saw on one of the contest pages and wondered if anyone could let me know of a site or individual who wold be willing to part with one of these. Thankyou.

#2 Dorsal

Kitelife Regular

• Kitelife Subscriber
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:32 PM

What wingspan would the kite have?
How wide is the memory box? How thick is the box?
Do you have a photo of one of his kites (or maybe his favorite)? There are many talented kite builders right here, and I'll bet someone has the materials on hand to create a miniature copy, to look just like that kite. :)

#3 John Barresi

John Barresi

KiteLife Owner

• Admin
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

You might also check with "Small World Kite Company"... Craig Wong is importing special mini-kites, WITH nice wooden/glass display boxes... Great guy, can be reached at 510-501-4868.

Posted Image

An example above, from recent trade show.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#4 audioRob

Kitelife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

John beat me to it... but very nice kites. Exactly what you're looking for I beleive.

#5 godric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

In addition to the other references, you might try these folks: http://www.8ung.at/s...icro/start.html.

They have a distributor in the USA. More info at http://www.8ung.at/s...ro/sources.html.

Please accept the condolences of this forum for your loss, and our best wishes for this and other phases of your healing.
Fair skies, good winds --

-- Paul
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In