KiteLife Forum

My Revi!

jmaldo100

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little of both. In your full vent, the mesh adds quite a bit of weight while effectively reducing the sail area. For the purposes of this conversion, removing sail decreases wing area but also reduce weight.  Stripping a sail down this much does raise the minimum wind speed needed to fly well but not as much as it would seem.

I'd "guess" this mod would fly in 10 to 15mph and up as long as the fabric is nice and stiff  AND it doesn't start to flutter too badly. On the bottom end it could probably fly in 5-10mph if fitted with a P90 frame or similar.

On 3/7/2017 at 6:52 AM, cerfvoliste said:

Not cool at all man..

I'm afraid that I must agree. The main risk if these sort of images got very common I see, is that female kiters might be deterred and consider that KL is not a place for them (and they tend not to be abundant as it is already). If I could choose between a KL free from non kiting "babe" (just for the sake of it) images and a KL full of it, the decision would be simple. Let's go on with kiting and kiting related posts instead. Sorry if anyone gets offended.

/Happy kiting and posting,
Exult

• Like 5

Ahh OK. Sorry bout that. Now I see the reason and it now makes sense. Thanks for that.

I live by the beach and this is pretty standard dress even in our shopping areas here. I queued behind a young lady dressed in only a bikini in the bank last Monday.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I'm afraid that I must agree. The main risk if these sort of images got very common I see, is that female kiters might be deterred and consider that KL is not a place for them (and they tend not to be abundant as it is already). If I could choose between a KL free from non kiting "babe" (just for the sake of it) images and a KL full of it, the decision would be simple. Let's go on with kiting and kiting related posts instead. Sorry if anyone gets offended.
/Happy kiting and posting,
Exult

I have been quite impressed in the KL focus on being a place of respect and friendship through discussion. Your response reinforces this once again. Thanks from a female kiter.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2

On 3/5/2017 at 11:02 AM, riffclown said:

It's a little of both. In your full vent, the mesh adds quite a bit of weight while effectively reducing the sail area. For the purposes of this conversion, removing sail decreases wing area but also reduce weight.  Stripping a sail down this much does raise the minimum wind speed needed to fly well but not as much as it would seem.

I'd "guess" this mod would fly in 10 to 15mph and up as long as the fabric is nice and stiff  AND it doesn't start to flutter too badly. On the bottom end it could probably fly in 5-10mph if fitted with a P90 frame or similar.

I thought for sure you'd say at least a category 2. :lol:

19 hours ago, ACrop said:

I have been quite impressed in the KL focus on being a place of respect and friendship through discussion. Your response reinforces this once again. Thanks from a female kiter.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using KiteLife mobile app

Ever since I got into kiting, the kiting community has always been friendship AND respect.

I've made friends from all over the world. Sold my first Revolution kite to a gentleman in Turkey and the 3 week waiting window for him to get it was well worth the wait judging from the picture of him with a permanent grin on his face flying the kite.

I've also met some great women and fellow flyers whom I've also become friends with through the years. 

Guess what I'm trying to say is, we're all a bunch of little rascals with the same passion and sometimes our inner (Darla and Alfalfa) comes out.

Doubtful he meant any harm considering his response back. 

You ever want tips or fly together, don't hesitate to ask.

I think Toretto said it best "it's all about family".

I'd like to think we're a worldwide one!

Peace!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, riffclown said:

I do have kites I'd be willing to fly in conditions I wouldn't otherwise go out in.. But then I'm more worried about me than the kites..

I was just referring to the all mesh version and how high of a wind window I assumed it was for. Made for a fantastic visual. :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, windwarrior said:

I was just referring to the all mesh version and how high of a wind window I assumed it was for. Made for a fantastic visual. :lol:

You said "wind window", but I'm guessing you meant wind range.

The all-mesh version actually has more sail area than a "Vicki", but the all-mesh weighs more than an empty space (obviously), so they end up with close to the same lower range, but you will notice that the all-mesh pulls much more than the Vicki in wind above 25-mph, giving the Vicki a much, much higher upper wind range.

33 minutes ago, makatakam said:

Oh, jeez. Revi, Vicki. I just got it. Doh! :doh:

Noooo......

Considering mid vents and vents are all made for a higher wind range, after taking a first look at the kite that was pretty much ALL vent, I made my category 2 comment. As in a tornado style wind. Hence "category 2". 

I know, I scare myself daily with humor. Specially first thing in the morning in the mirror.:blink::lol:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, windwarrior said:

Noooo......

Considering mid vents and vents are all made for a higher wind range, after taking a first look at the kite that was pretty much ALL vent, I made my category 2 comment. As in a tornado style wind. Hence "category 2". 

I know, I scare myself daily with humor. Specially first thing in the morning in the mirror.:blink::lol:

Oh, I got the category 2 joke, but I can't believe Revi didn't click.