KiteLife Forum

Need a little help here...

kite-head

Just wondering if anyone out there who is familiar with the Seduction could help me out a little.

I received one for Christmas and well, I have a little issue with the standoffs. To be specific, its the outer most standoffs. The kite didn't come with a field card or assembly instructions specific for it, rather, it came with a flight school 101 booklet for the explosive sport series...

Anyway, first of all this is the first kite I have owned that has six standoffs. I am wondering, is it supposed to have 2mm rods on the outermost while the middle and inner are 3mm rods? And I'm wonder about their length (of the 2mm, outermost), because no matter how I set them, they just don't look right. :)

post-544-1137215894_thumb.jpg

post-544-1137215947_thumb.jpg

any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Perhaps I have some information to help you with those outside standoffs. My Big Bang Pro has the same configuration. A quote from Dodd Gross on the New Tech website at http://www.newtechkites.com/instructions/B...nstructions.pdf

"It is very important that the outside standoff lower spreader fitting is 2" from the spar end that fits into the lower leading edge connector. This gives the proper trailing edge tension needed."

Also "Center and inside standoffs are 3mm solid carbon. They must come straight out giving the most tension on the trailing edge."

I agree with you, kite-head, the flight school 101 booklet for the explosive sport series doesn't cut it. When I've spent hard earned bucks on a kite, I expect to see an instruction book with photos and descriptions of the kite I just bought!

Hope I've helped. kitepilot

Thank you Kitepilot for the input and link, I will give the configuration a shot, until I hear different. There reallly just isn't very much info out there on the Seduction, or good photos either for that matter.

Well today is supposed to be beatuiful, weather wise, here in Kansas City (for middle of Jan.) 55 with 5-10 mph winds out of the sse. Hopefully I will get some flight time today.

:)

Chris

I had a Seduction some time ago. I can confirm that the outer SO's are the 2mm rods, and it will have significant curvature when installed correctly. As kitepilot correctly points out, the SO fitting should be fairly close to the LE fitting, such that the curved SO meets the LS at approximately 90 degrees.

Good luck with your Seduction. I'll be very curious to hear how you get along with it.....I didn't connect with mine very well.

Well last weekend I actually got a total of about 3 hrs of fly time in...can't wait to be able to do that on a regular basis. Weather here in the midwest was unseasonable beautiful. Wind was a bit strong. Flew my Prism Alien on Sat. in 15 mph with gusts up to 25. That kite really knows how to put a smile on my face. Sunday took the Seduction out. Nice kite, looks good, construction is well...CA (glue) friendly. :censored: Wind started off a bit on the heave side again about 15 to 18 but soon died down to around 5-7. I had more fun during the later. Was able to start practicing my basics (side slides, fades, and some stall control). Not quite sure about the active bridle though. everything else I have flown to date has either 3-point or turbo. I noticed that it has a bit of overstear, or maybe that could just be my lack of experience and technique. Anyway, next time I take it out I am going to have to try out some weight in the tail of the spine. Any suggestion on about how much to try?

With my limited kite selection, I am sure it is going to see plenty of flight time, afterall I will have to save quite a few pennies for my next dual line, which I think is going to be a Custom Sea Devil! But, before that I am going to have to get a quad.

I think a fool is soon parted with his money...a kite fool is parted even faster.

Hi, my name is Chris, and I am a kite addict. :kid_content:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kite-head, this is Kitehead.

Weird...

Anyway, it may not be a good idea to put weight on a kite unless you have a real specific goal in mind. In most cases weights are used to help the kite rotate on it's pitch axis. This would be the nose of the kite moving forward or back as opposed to side to side.

In the case of the Seduction, weight added to the tail would typically make the kite less stable in a fade, increase the kite's spin rate (oversteer) and make flat spins (axels, etc) less flat/more wobbly. Since this kite will probably never be a "rollup" monster, it's just not designed that way, you might be giving up more than you gain.