KiteLife Forum

Hoby, Lynx Pilot, Phoenix

lemonydes

Hello to all stunt kiters, i am new in this sport, and now I am deciding which kite should I buy. Plz can you help me? I am from europe, so I prefer europe kite. I am deciding between this 3 kites. Which kite should i buy? Or have you some idea in this budeget level area? :kid_content:

thx

Jumping Jack flash.

Well then again, what are you trying to do with the kite?

Hello to all stunt kiters, i am new in this sport, and now I am deciding which kite should I buy. Plz can you help me? I am from europe, so I prefer europe kite. I am deciding between this 3 kites. Which kite should i buy? Or have you some idea in this budeget level area? :kid_content:

thx

Jumping Jack flash.

I am going to learn some tricks, so i want kite which is capable to do them. But i dont want some expensive kite, I am looking for some kine of compromise. I dont want US kite because of spareparts.

Hello to all stunt kiters, i am new in this sport, and now I am deciding which kite should I buy. Plz can you help me? I am from europe, so I prefer europe kite. I am deciding between this 3 kites. Which kite should i buy? Or have you some idea in this budeget level area? :censored:

thx

Jumping Jack flash.

I am going to learn some tricks, so i want kite which is capable to do them. But i dont want some expensive kite, I am looking for some kine of compromise. I dont want US kite because of spareparts.

Welcome to the wonderful world of kiting. I would have to recomend the Acrobatx by FLYING WINGS the same company that made the Beetle. Maybe the review in this next months issue will help with your choice process. :kid_content:

Info on the Acrobatx.

The next issue of Kitelife will be up in a couple of hours, and will contain a review on the Acrobatx.

Great kite, best of 2006 for performance vs. price.

Thx lot for advice, but as i mention above i want kite manufactured in Europe:

1. When I buy kite in europe i didn't must pay taxes for shipment from USA

2. When I need spare part for my kite, i can get them much easier and faster.

:kid_content:

Spare parts for nearly any kite can be had from nearly every kite shop. There are few things that are so specific to a kite that it can only come from a certain place. 99% of the stuff on modern kites are all made out of essentially the same stuff: Skyshark, carbon or avia frame (occasional cfk or fiberglass), avia or fsd fittings, nylon or polyester and thick or cored dacron bridle line. All of which are available just about everywhere.

the acrobatx is probably the best kite out there for learning tricks, at 80$, even after tax you cannot beat it. It is also available in europe if you'd like. Check the local kite retailers! (or just call kiteshoppe down here)

Spare parts for nearly any kite can be had from nearly every kite shop. There are few things that are so specific to a kite that it can only come from a certain place. 99% of the stuff on modern kites are all made out of essentially the same stuff: Skyshark, carbon or avia frame (occasional cfk or fiberglass), avia or fsd fittings, nylon or polyester and thick or cored dacron bridle line. All of which are available just about everywhere.

the acrobatx is probably the best kite out there for learning tricks, at 80$, even after tax you cannot beat it. It is also available in europe if you'd like. Check the local kite retailers! (or just call kiteshoppe down here)

OK so i think twice. :)

If I buy kite in US i must:

1. Pay for kite (for AcrobatX 80$]

2. Pay Taxes in my country (5% from kite price (from 80$ its 4$))

3. Pay VAT in my country (19% from kite price (from 80$ its 15.2$))

4. Pay shipment cost for kite from USA to EU (aprox. 25$)

total: 124.2$ and wait for delivery about 15 days

so I am not realy shure of good ratio performance/price

and next problem, I can't find any shop which is capable to send me kite (to Prague [Czech Republic])

maybe someone of you can post link to good kite shop? :)

nevertheless I want to thanks all for advice ;)

LemoN

P.S. Can somebody compare this kite to other kites availables in shops (maybe E2 from Prism, Phoenix from HQ, Cesium from L'atelier, Addiction Premier Kites)

P.S. 2: Thx for nice review to kitelife.com i read it several times. :)