KiteLife Forum

Synergy Deca

I'm a 63 year old retiree who recently decided to take a stab at kiting.  After hearing that, my mother gave me my Dad's kite bag that she has kept in the house since he passed in 2001.  He had started kiting in '94 and mostly flew a Revolution and Deltas.  He purchased a Synergy Deca Quad Line Kite for my Mom to try however I suspect it didn't get a lot of use.  

I plan on trying my hand at a Revolution so there's no need to have the Synergy sit in the kite bag any longer.  My Dad was very meticulous and as such the kite, bag, handles, line sets, owner's manual and his receipt for purchase of the Synergy were all in the bag.  To be candid I have no idea of it's value just that I feel that someone who knows them should be flying it and not sitting in a bag.

Synergy 1.JPG

Synergy 2.JPG

Synergy 4.JPG

Synergy Manual.JPG

@ronb If you are near Clover Point, there are people flying revs most weekends when the wind is blowing. Most would be happy to chat and give advice, and some would like let you take the reins for a while.

My first flight with a Rev was on someone else's Rev at Clover Pt and I was hooked. I was even given an hour lesson on flying it.

• Like 1

You're right on there, I've been down there a few times and was treated extremely well.  A couple of members of the Island Quad team (Terry & Mario) were/are very generous with their time and helped me a great deal in deciding which direction to go for my first Rev....which will arrive soon.  Great community!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonB said:

You're right on there, I've been down there a few times and was treated extremely well.  A couple of members of the Island Quad team (Terry & Mario) were/are very generous with their time and helped me a great deal in deciding which direction to go for my first Rev....which will arrive soon.  Great community!

Funny. My first flight was on Terry's rev with the busted mesh.

Once I got my rev, and went out for the first time, another local flier (Martin) gave me tips too, though the wind was too crappy to get going. The time after that, yet another local gave me tips on setup and flying with my own kite. Everyone is awesome there.

3 hours ago, DrZettl said:

Funny. My first flight was on Terry's rev with the busted mesh.

Once I got my rev, and went out for the first time, another local flier (Martin) gave me tips too, though the wind was too crappy to get going. The time after that, yet another local gave me tips on setup and flying with my own kite. Everyone is awesome there.

All Rev fliers are awesome, and extremely humble.

I met with Ron yesterday, and took this off of his hands.  He was a pleasure to deal with, and this was probably the quickest deal that I have done before.

I think that this was probably one of the earlier kites.  It actually included Rev handles, rather than the symmetrical ones that I am used to.  I thought at first this was a mistake, but the manual actually specifies Rev1 handles.

Too bad that I am moving this weekend and won't have time to fly it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brettgrant99 said:

I met with Ron yesterday, and took this off of his hands.  He was a pleasure to deal with, and this was probably the quickest deal that I have done before.

I think that this was probably one of the earlier kites.  It actually included Rev handles, rather than the symmetrical ones that I am used to.  I thought at first this was a mistake, but the manual actually specifies Rev1 handles.

Too bad that I am moving this weekend and won't have time to fly it. 

Did you guys fly?

16 minutes ago, Brettgrant99 said:

No, he was travelling with wife, dogs, and car in tow, so no time.  Sounds like he has a good group up in Canada to fly with though.

We're all crazy up here too. Come visit. Bring us presents. Actually, bring kites, with the shipping and the exchange rate, they're probably cheaper too.

Hi fellas, just checking in with an update.  As mentioned I met with Brett and did the 'deal' at a Park n Ride just off the 405 east of Seattle.  Brett too was great to deal with and great to see that the old Synergy will soon get some air time.  We soon left and carried on just south of Bend OR for a bit of warranty work on the RV then tomorrow off to the the coast around Astoria then wiggle north back to the Island where my new Rev 1.5 B series should be waiting for me.

• Like 2