KiteLife Forum

Northwest Sport Kite League (NWSKL)

John Barresi

Courtesy of ex-NWSKL president Bud Hayes:

Hi all,

I hate to say it but due to the previously mentioned "combination of events" the nwskl.com site is still down. Turns out that I missed the renewal date for the nwskl.com domain by one day, which turned out to be a big problem. Once you pass the due date, the fee to renew goes up by 10 times. That's right, one day, TEN TIMES THE PRICE. Needless to say, I told them where to put it and regained our old domain name of www.nwskl.org and the contents of the site have been changed to reflect the new address. This was a bit more of a challenge than I was hoping for, so if you find anything that is not working correctly, please let me know at webmaster@nwskl.org .

So for now, I think we are 100% at http://www.nwskl.org . I hope to reclaim our nwskl.com when the hostage situation has passed so that anybody who has links to that page won't have to change.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but we're back up for now and should be totally back to normal soon.

Keep those good thoughts going for our club members competing in France. May they kick some kite tail!

Bud

• 2 weeks later...

I just talked with some of the organizers. It seems that hopes are high. The NWSKL is planning on being there, etc. I've seen Prez Gomberg do seemingly miraculous things in the past. Personally, I'm very confident that things will be up and running again. There's got to be an insurance company out there that will tell us to go fly a kite.