KiteLife Forum

Rev handles angle and placement of bend

Tmadz

So I'm trying to finish up a project I started a couple of years ago of making my own handles. Making several pairs of 13" handles and I need to bend them before I can paint them. Can anyone tell me the proper angle to bend Rev 13" handles and where is the bend point on the rod? I just don't want to cut off one of my grips and regrip it. I could. I just don't want to.

wow, it's totally up to your preference,... I've seen handles with 2 bends and a straight section between,

I've made my own too, they were bent in a pipe bender, with the curvature up high and then gradually to a straight line away from there.  Mine were made for long throwing in-land no wind conditions, so they are made from titanium grade 5 tubes 3/8th's in diameter.  19 inch tube lengths before bending!

The point of doing it yourself is to get something you couldn't have otherwise, not necessarily to save money.

Enjoy your experimenting!

Ti handles.jpg

• Like 1

The ideal handles will be a perfect match for the size of your hands. Check where you grip in normal (medium) wind speed. Is it comfortable at that location? If not, shift the grip and bend location to a more comfortable spot. 

• Like 1

mine shown above were custom fishing pole handle grips made by Glenn Haynes, they are way longer than standard and I have a small hand, skinny fingers so they aren't too wide of a diameter either.

Again choices, indoor handles have a softer foam and thinner diameter.  My buddy Dugard has these bearclaw-sized fists, so his handles are uncomfortably large for me, he likes a hard foam.

I pretty much don't use the foam flying anyway, I fly on my index finger and thumb unless it's mid-vent or higher wind speed.  My grips are flown down low by my pants pockets too, some hold them up much higher on the flyer's torso, like they were auditioning for the NFL as referee "touch-down" signaling all the time.

Reality is you have to control your speed and location, just like driving a cr on the superhighway in heavy congestion.  What veichle you use, even the size of your steering wheel doesn't matter, just be comfortable in your choices.