Hi, I am in search of a new owner. Since arriving at my current home sometime in Nov of 2016, I have been out flying a few times. During these occasions, I have been flipped, twirled, dragged, flown a little, but mostly crashed. Yeah mainly crashed, not too much fly time. Results of these crashes have caused a few things to break, tear, or get lost. To begin, I have a tear in the center near the tail section. This tear has been taped with kite repair tape. Seems to be holding ok. Next we have had a broken center spreader that has been replaced. Not sure of the brand, but it’s the red/black ones. Another flying occasion, my owner lost my tail weight…again by crashing. The great people at A Wind of Change were nice enough to send me a replacement. My tail weight is now taped on as so my owner will not lose it again. For my last time out….thinking this would be better! You guessed it…another crash. This one was really bad. The replacement center spreader held up nicely, but the center T broke this time. As you can see in the picture, it has not been replaced.
One time, while out flying, one of the lines broke. I was hoping the other one would break so I could fly away from my owner that couldn’t fly me. Well he managed to get me back down, probably crashed… I don’t remember.

With my story, comes a ransom note from my owner… Please pay $180 OBO to have me shipped to your home.

Summary:

Kymera dual line sport kite – Blue – Condition – almost like new except for:

Tear that has been taped near tail section.  (Will send black kite material for section replacement)

Broken Center T (I don’t have this repaired)

Sky shark center spreader is broken – but have replacements (includes both, broken and new)

Instruction manual and tag

Carry bag

IMG_3788.JPG

IMG_3789.JPG

IMG_3790.JPG

IMG_3791.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

IMG_3795.JPG

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By John Barresi
      Aug 11-12 in Long Beach WA!
      Led by veteran pilots Scott Weider, Paul de Bakker and myself, this dual line kite workshop is for beginner though master levels, starting from the ins and outs of your equipment on up through fundamental flight techniques and trick flying - we'll also have a few Prism kites on hand for folks to try their hand at team and "ground play" flying without fear of damaging valuable equipment.
      Testimonials - http://tinyurl.com/nnzsmvd
      Anything with two strings is welcome including foils, stacks with tails and delta stunt kites - the purpose of this workshop is first and foremost to help you maximize the kites you have, and the way you like to fly... During the weekend, we'll cover a whole range of dual line topics that interrelate.
      Sign up here - https://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/92-stunt-kite-clinic-aug-11-12-2018/
      Registration is $125 per person ($100 for KiteLife Subscribers) and includes full access to two days of instruction from 10am-4pm on both Saturday and Sunday... We only have room for 16 students, please RSVP if you plan to participate.
      RSVP so far:
      @kff                              
    • By Carl Norman
      I keep breaking my Kymera.  Need a lower spreader (non-ferruled) and a standoff.
      Is there a "parts list" somewhere or what's the best way to figure out what I need? I'm trying to avoid calling a kite shop every time I need something and just order it on my own.
      The standoff mount broke, so I need both the standoff mounting piece and the mini-standoff-spar but don't know the sizes.

As a follow up question, I didn't crash the poor thing, maybe I'm pulling too hard on launch or something? I'm not accustomed to these higher end kites so maybe I'm just a bit too hard on them?
      My experience has been mostly with Prisms.

Thanks a ton for the help.

• By Exult
      Mars 2018, ITW Kymera  on 25m lines
      The latest trick I'm working on (getting acquainted with?) is the flic flac - I expect it to be a quite long term project. In the light winter winds the Kymera serves me well for this purpose (more reading in http://kitelife.com/forum/blogs/entry/303-different-moods-of-winter-wide-wind-window-tricking-in-light-winter-winds/ ).

First part of image: A recent (and lately unfortunately a bit rare) prework session. In the sky you can see a sun dog and a faint halo around the sun.
      Second and third part of image: I like the mood of the greenish toned winter. In addition the green themed Kymera goes well along with it. However I can't say  if the reddish or the blueish tone in these two images (from the same session) is the truest one.
    • By Nekoshi
      Found a nice little place in a nice little town to practice and learn indoor dual line. After an hour of trail and error, I started to get the hang of it. Can't wait to go back again! Here's a video of my progress today. I just felt like sharing. 

• By John Barresi
      Coming soon.
      https://www.facebook.com/kiteforge/videos/328735464269653/

• Upcoming Events