KiteLife Forum

comete q?

Skunk

Thanx alot, i thought it had to be a bunch of well timed half axles. i usually get the first 3 positons up to the point were the kite is belly up and nose away. the hard part is timing it right so the kite comes out for the next half axle.

Which kite? Entry depends on the kite... but once you have it...

One hand behind you, one hand in front of you and walk (or run) backwards. when you're ready to exit, put both hands together and give a small tug.

The entrance is a half axel where the popping hand goes immediately behidn your hip and the other hand goes full foward.

Some kites need to be sideways, some slightly pointing nose down, and others will insane from absolutely any direction. (even in reverse!)

I got the comet, the only thing is to practice it now. The insane I couldn't get. The wind was gusty. I did what you said but just got the wing wrapped. It tangled everytime I did the half axle and pulled back with the popping hand, I mean I tried everything.

I pretty much got the comet, just more practice. The insane I didn't even come close to. I did what you said but everytime I half axled and pulled back with the popping hand, the wingtip got caught. I don't get it...

Did my explanation on the comete help? Im wondering because I had a tutorial on it which im going to have to redo due to 'kaboom' and that's the explanation I was using along with visual aid. Wondering if it's helpful in it's pure text form

On the insane, slow it down a bit. Pop the half axel, take a breath and "pull it into an insane"

Not sure if you know how to do a slot machine, but the point where you'd give the pop for the flatspin rotation is the same place where you "pull it into an insane".

Winds much either be higher, or you need to be walking (or running) backwards. It takes a lot of air pressure on most kites to keep the insane going.

Gentler half-axels help too... Do you know how the insane works for the most part?

Yes the comet explanation really helped. Accually the first time I tried it I got a pretty good outcome. Just like you said, half axled then a quick half axle and so on. It worked pretty well, just need to practice it more. The insane I don't really see what the kite is doing. I'm just not sure how to go into it. The slot machine I can't do yet but I'm pretty good with 540s.