KiteLife Forum

UFO by Lee Sedgwick / Revolution Kites

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

A pair of UFOs by Lee Sedgwick, roughly a $100 value!

You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/179, and will be drawn on April 1st, 2006!

http://www.kitelife.com/prizes/ufo47/index.htm

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin!

OK Audio. I saw the thread in kitemakers.com about UFO's but how do you stack them? Is it only quad and duel line that you can stack them as?

I've been playing with the single line. I took the quad handles into the gym, but 21 feet of line on an osculating kite is to long for me as a beginner. I had to shelf it until I get through with my indoor events.

Have you quaded them indoors yet?

Man, there is just never enough fly time!

BB

Penny

I flew quad ufo's with Lee at ktai indoors and out.

I fly my UFO every single night in my backyard, and any day at the beach when the wind is lower. Anytime there's idnoors I fly it as well. If it all came down to it, it's my favorite kite.

The trick with single line is very simple. The rod steers the kite, you only move the rod to change the angle of flight and to level out the kite. To 'throw' the kite you pull the line.

More or less pulling/pushing the line is the main method of moving it around, interacting with the rod is simply to keep the kite level and/or give subtle changes of direction.

to stack them, im not too sure. Im not much into stacked kites.

OK, I'll email Lee and ask. And did he fly the quads in the pyramid that John had taken a picture of, or was it just for looks?

How long of line did you use to quad indoor? 21 ft. just seems unstable indoors to learn quad. I can't wait. But I have to. Till after next weekend. And then outdoor flying kicks in.

I am giving one to my friend for her birthday today. And I have to send my grandson one. It is absolutely his favorite kite. See why I need another. You can't get enough of them. OK John.. pull my number out of that hat please!

BB

Penny

OK, I'll email Lee and ask. And did he fly the quads in the pyramid that John had taken a picture of, or was it just for looks?

How long of line did you use to quad indoor? 21 ft. just seems unstable indoors to learn quad. I can't wait. But I have to. Till after next weekend. And then outdoor flying kicks in.

I am giving one to my friend for her birthday today. And I have to send my grandson one. It is absolutely his favorite kite. See why I need another. You can't get enough of them. OK John.. pull my number out of that hat please!

BB

Penny

Penny, we'll have a couple Quad UFOs in the booth at Lincoln City :kid_cussing:

T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I was out of the country when all this happened, but yippee!

Somehow this is always the kite to which my daughter gravitates every time we go to an indoor event. Not to mention her old man ...

Theresa sold all of her single handles out at the event. :)

BB

Penny

Yes we did! The UFO is a lot of Fun! :innocent:

Guess we should have taken more with us to the Show. Still have a couple at The Shoppe, plus 2 that are set up as Quad.

Have fun with your Paul!

See you next week!

Theresa