KiteLife Forum

No love for the Reflex line?

peterbruusmadsen

27 minutes ago, Wayne Dowler said:

So someone tell me I'm not crazy and did see a "new" end fitting that would use both the newer Reflex rods and the older rod sets!! Is it on a different model?? 

Making me think I have a case of CRS!!

That feature was touted but I have yet to see it implemented anywhere.. But in all honesty, I don't even follow Rev any more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wayne Dowler said:

So someone tell me I'm not crazy and did see a "new" end fitting that would use both the newer Reflex rods and the older rod sets!! Is it on a different model?? 

Consistency is no longer one of Revolution Kites' strong points. It takes forethought to make things compatible.

• Like 2

Pardon me asking - but what is a "classic Reflex"? There are Reflexes (2 sizes - 1.5 and slightly larger) and the rebranded "B" called a "Classic", also in 1.5 size. Yes the "Classic" does come with the reflex technology.

Your terminology confuses me!

Of all the options in the new Reflex lineup, I believe you made the right choice. It's a 1.5 size, that makes it a thousand times more versatile or customizable with other frame options compared to the XX...

I bought the XX a little over a year ago, then learned my lesson. I promptly exchanged it for a B...

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 3

I apologize for being so blunt. I forget that not everyone is so up on what Rev has been using to label their sails.

That said - just by swapping those "inny" connectors to the older cap system, will allow use of all the old frames they make!

• Like 2

@peterbruusmadsen The kite you purchased will serve you well and you will enjoy it. Don't worry about the decision you made. The kite is well-made and capable of doing everything you will want it to once you gain experience. It is a bit more forgiving to the beginning flyer than other designs and will help you learn control more quickly. Ignore the politics in the other topic you read. Change is never easy and there will always be a few "bumps" along the way. Rev Kites will eventually fill in the gaps created by heading in a new direction, and all will be well again. It's a good kite and can do many things the older models can't.

• Like 3

I think you made a good choice. A bit of the old and a new twist with the kite coming with reflex rods. You can change them out or turn them around for more of a traditional 1.5 kiting experience or fly it with the springs against the kite. Your going to love it.

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

The controversial springs.  A little bitty wire, a sleeve on the tube & some Velcro.  This one has a vinyl protector added to the vertical.

large.57d888861ba06_Riffsvertmodkiteassembled.jpg

Good lookin' kite.  Hard to go wrong with red, white, blue & black.  And look at that curved leading edge, nice.

large.57aca50cddd0e_RevolutionReflex.jpg

And it fits inside the pick up fully assembled.  Who needs others riding along?

large.57acea3fcb909_ReflexinSierra.jpg

This one is staying with me.  It's a keeper.   SHBKF

• Like 2

Add 16 inch magic sticks, so it will roll-up (clam-shell) too.  

The "catch" is done with the bottom lines (honest!)

I have that exact patriotic kite pictured above and don't use it, preferring the discontinued Zen(s),.... so if anyone is interested I could make you an extraordinary deal!

Just got home from the first flights with my new rev. There wasn't must wind and a lot of active air, so not great kite weather (it was inland). But so far I like it. Looking forward to some more wind and hopefully to get some good beach time on it soon.

Just want to say thank you to you guys for all the help and advice. It's much appreciated :)

• Like 5