KiteLife Forum

Exp lines

kevmort

The flying line standards are Laser Pro Gold  or Skybond. I personally prefer Skybond but that is an individual choice. 90lb or 100lb is the most common but 50lb for light wind conditions is also a standard practice..

Check out @John Barresi's Line equalization tutorial and it will give you all of the info you need to make your own lines.. 

A little prep work with my E.S.K. and you can be ready to make a set of lines in a very short amount of time.

I've seen a few UK sites when I was researching other items..

https://www.kiteworld.co.uk/acatalog/Revolution-Line-Set.html#SID=144

• Like 2

Thanks for that info@riffclown it's much appreciated
I've watched the line equalisation video several times and regularly check my line lengths , I have also made my own leaders like TK makes I've even made some urban line sets up from old power kite lines

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 2

With an EXP, or any Rev 1.5 size really, #90 is all you need. 90 pound, 50Dan or there about. #50 for the single digit winds if you were feeling like splurging.

80 feet used to be the most common length but the shorter lengths are becoming very popular.

I really love 30 feet!

The lines I use at the moment are the ones that came with my used exp , there 60 feet long and have a cotton like feel to them and about 1.5 mm thick so not shore what they are or the strength , I made some lines up from my old power kite lines and I have some 90 lb brake lines that are about 40 foot so I may try them first as there thin so will have very little drag

Just remember that longer lines will give you a bit more time to react to kite actions. Personally think 80' or longer will serve a beginner well. As control improves you can go shorter and shorter.

Indoor - a common length is 10'.