KiteLife Forum

Looking for a tutorial on bridle replacement (found)

Joe Eyman

It's really no big deal.  Lay the new bridle out on your kite.  Remove one attachment point of the old bridle at a time, and replace it immediately, but with the new bridle.  Just do it exactly as you took off the old one.  Repeat at each attachment point, and before you know it, done and done.....:D

Oh, do the top center first, as you need to pass the entire bridle through the loop, to make that attachment.

• Like 1

The typed I'm guessing , I found the Beaufort scale online, thank you!
I know it's subjective but here winds change so fast , direction and speed , I try to grab a kite out of the bag that's close to the high end of the winds predicted range, thanks 🤙🏻

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

It looks like my full sails are ok till 20ish mph.....and then my full vent......till more wind than I want to stand in....I have flow my full vent at around ten mph wind and I am amazed how much it just floats...🤙🏻

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app
  • Like 1

General rule of thumb, assuming the wind is not gusting to more than 10mph more than its average, is to plan for the lulls, especially in team flying and competition. In other words, if the wind is blowing at roughly 10mph and gusting to 19mph, you want to fly the kite that you can keep airborne at 10mph so you can keep it up in the air. At 19mph I would normally fly an extra vent, but when the wind drops back to 10mph after the gust, the extra vent would be difficult to fly without doing a lot of backpedaling, so in this case I would start with a mid vent with a 3-wrap or green race frame, and maximum brake.

No, there's not a chart that will give you this info. It is something you will just know instinctively once you've been flying for a couple or three years, and how you want the kite to behave will have a lot to do with your selection of kite and frame. In other words, you will know which best matches your flying style.

• Like 1