KiteLife Forum

blast, opinions?

feelxitxburn

i want something with power, will the blast offer it? i want to lean back and manhandle a kite without worrying. id get a 2-4 but i dont have that 5-- bankroll to pick it up, unless one of you guys want to sell me one :kid_cussing: . on that note, anyone have quad lines or that advanced training dvd to sell?

opinions please.

I have a Blast and enjoy it a lot. Depends what you want a power kite for. If just for the pull, the Blast will give it IMO. I weigh about 160, and it can pull me around fairly well. And sometimes I can jump while taking the Blast through the power zone, and it'll carry me for a few feet. I've never done power kiting with a mountain board or anything else so I don't know how well the Blast works for that purpose. It floats great in light winds, and accelerates like a race car.

If you can find someone close by to try it out, that's your best bet.

Doug

just something thatll fight with me. dont really need it to be boarding on.

Oh, it will definitely do that if you want, have no worries at all.

I don't currently own one (just not my thing really) but, I have flown more than a few of them over the years and they are a lot of fun. As CTL says, they float nicely and they'll really move if you let them.

:kid_cussing:

CLTKiter and Monkey are right. The Blast will feed the need for power. It is stable, fast, less subject to tip flips and slides great. If pulling power and speed are your thing the speed series is the right direction. I have the Supersonic, Blast and Super Blast, but sitll prefer the 1, 1.5 and II for most of my flying.

Just be careful in high wind. You don't want your rotary cuff injured.

I have the superblast and I'm like 5'4" and under 140lbs (today) I love it. I can buggy or do ballets. If I'm tired and it's blowing hard, it's got to much pull for me to hold on to unless I'm in a buggy to release some of that power.

I still like the Superblast better then the blast. The blast jars me where the superblast has sweet brakes. I've seen men go down on the blast, so if it's power you want but not to buggy with it, that might just be your best choice. Good advice from Doug above. See if you can try someone elses, first. BB Penny

NCKiter has the order exactly right on the pull. I've got them up through the Blast, and it's right. Rev says that the Blast has both control and speed, but I've found that the others also have control -- especially the Sonic Vented. I had a chance to fly with another this past January in 30 mph winds with both of us flying Sonic Vented's, and it was an awesome experience (and I don't use that word very much). We were able to do a "Rev Kiss" at 30 mph, and the control was amazing!

I truly enjoy the Blast, but as I'm getting older, I enjoy it more at lower winds. For speed, I'm more apt to pick up my SS or Shockwave.

Later, Doug

• 3 weeks later...
which pulls more power? the speed series or the blast?

I just bought a Blast last week up in Carmel. Watched the video and it looked so simple. I have flown EXPs but the Blast was a heck of lot more sensitive even as the afternoon winds picked up up on the bay I had to think about my moves. But... The Blast is soooo sweet once you get the moves down. I love the fact that it's easier to slide into a turn more so than the EXP. I took it out today here in Ontario Calif. Flew it at my kid's School in low wind (about 4 mph) and although I got a workout, it was great. As the wind picked up I had to adjust the bridle. If this is your first Quad it will be tough. I would suggest the EXP as I did and then work your way up. I still fly my duals and stacks but the Quads are my favorites over all.

Have Fun..that's the main thing about flying :)

I have a Blast and enjoy it a lot. Depends what you want a power kite for. If just for the pull, the Blast will give it IMO. I weigh about 160, and it can pull me around fairly well

Doug

The power in the Blast is fantastic

:)

I weigh about 180 and it pulls me a little. My wife thinks I'm nuts but it's a healthy addiction I tell her :innocent:

I still have a problem with control as in doing spins in low wind and maintaining altitude, trying to keep it level without rising or falling. I have tried the bicycle pump method with some moderate success. But I keep losing it. Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

I LOVE my Blast.....

I have the 1.5, Shockwave, Blast & Power Blast 2-4 (and a sonic vented coming on Thursday!)

For me, I am into power and I love to see who's stronger, me or that damn kite... I've been flying my Blast almost exclusively lately as my shockwave is down for the count (it'll be back up Thursday thanks to Kent & Lolly... thanks!). I already know that the Power Blast will kick my butt but the Blast is just right for my weight vs. wind speeds

What I love about the Blast is the raw power, speed and ability to fly in a wide range of winds... here in Chicago, we have winds of all speeds... all within a few mins of each other... The ability to float it for a few mins before the winds pick back up is awesome and makes me look like a pro...lol... well, sort of.... if you think a 44 year old man fighting a kite like a child having a tantrum across the field and laughing hysterically is all that pro... lol... but it sure is fun...

Because I've been flying it so much, I feel that I've gotten pretty good at controlling it. Spins, hovers, etc... have all become pretty natural.

As of right now, I would have to say that the Blast is my favorite....

Now, I just want to stack a few of them...lol

Hmmm... I've been thinking of saving up for a powerblast. I've yet to ever try power kiting and I love my Rev EXP. So can the blast 2-4 really create pulling power in winds down to 3mph? I want a quad line kite I can struggle with in winds under ten.

I want a quad line kite I can struggle with in winds under ten.
You can fly it in winds under 10 and still have some pull. Though it can be more of a work out then a pull.
rotary cuff? whats that?
Rotator cuff - it's the set of muscles/tendons in your shoulder that holds your arm in the socket.

The rotary cuff does not have that many muscles and tendons.. That's the problem. Once hurt it may never be the same. I'm careful because I want to do this forever.

QUOTE(feelxitxburn @ Mar 28 2006, 08:59 AM)

which pulls more power? the speed series or the blast?

The Blast and Super Blast's have more pull then the speed series.

i love my blast and shockwave i want to get a vented super sonic as for pull both will geve you tons in good winds if you really want a fight the power blast is a great kite

I have all the above and a sonic vented coming in ups tomorrow... I'll let you know what I think

• 3 weeks later...
great im still going to get one but let me know anyway thanks i sure wish they would do a vented blast

I got my sonic vented a couple of weeks ago... I've had the winds to fly it in about 5 times now and I am loving it... in the heavier winds, it really doesn't have much pull but is a quick as hell and great fun....

For precision, I'm going to have to get a vented 1.5

Here it is below... thanks to Lolly for the custom sail... it looks awesome in the sky..

rev.jpg

A vented Blast? That would defeat the purpose!

The 2-4 has plenty of pull quick and nimble it pulled a buddy of mine that weighs 280 flat on his face

the 4-8 has raw grunt power and besides both kites are single skin that has almost zero drag get any of the power 2-4 or 4-8 up in 10mph you going to buggy, snowkite or kiteboard or just have fun

http://community.webshots.com/photo/290279...13283VqRWPQ#and plenty of reach

photo of my wife next to my rev 4-8

Also Lolly said she has about 7 or 8 vented rev2s instock :kid_smartass: